Mark I or Mark II?

Purely from a technical perspective, I believe that the MkI body is far superior aerodynamically. I have CD figures somewhere, but I can't seem to locate them at the moment. Can anyone else chip in here?

Just to side-track a little here, based on a recent state government study on how to best save fuel, one of the worste things you can do is highway driving with the windows rolled down (up to 25% extra fuel burnt). Consider then how much HP the MKII periscopes and extra scoops would steal.

Mark II every time for me - a little rarer and much more agressive - IMHO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Picture from front and back attached My GT40 MKII

Yes - its one of the Goodwood Festival of Speed sculpture cars from 2003 - I have added a few more pictures and will add more soon.

The answer to that is yes and no - It has run and will run again - once I get the distributor sorted out. It has taken a while to sort out some fueling issues, followed by electrical issues - basically when the car gets hot it cuts out and won't start again for half an hour or so. It's one of those problems which you have to start at one end and follow through to the other /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

however, it will be sorted soon and then I'm back up and running /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Simon
Chris did a good job on your car.
As you know I have not got a car but if I could I would want a MKII. But with a proper Front and MKII tail (because I heard it was lighter than a MKI). I would have it painted in Ken Miles/Denny Hume colours the Moral winners of the 1966 Lemans.
Regards Allan

MKII for sure.

Put a ali dart 427 in the back and you'll have a remarkable 40. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm glad the MKII'ers are coming out of the woodwork:)

Keep the votes coming in - 123 at Le Mans can't be wrong and deserves more replices of MKII's to be made in Honour of that momentus event. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks, I don't htink I can stand the wait though and it has only been one day.

I have to keep breathing in this paper bag to keep from passing out.

Back