Maximum driver height ?? And one or two other Newbie Qs:

Re: Maximum driver height ?? And one or two other Newbie Qs

I just got back from a very informative visit with Simon.

First of all, Thanks Simon for spending a bunch of time educating a GT40 newbie. Very interesting stuff.

Second, what a gorgeous car !! I wanted to see what the build quality was like for these cars, and its very impressive. Also, what an incredible power to weight ratio!!

Finally, the 6' 5" fit was manageable, but not ideal. I'll have to consider every space saving trick there is if I'm going to be able to be comfortable in one.

Thanks again.

[ QUOTE ]
...if I'm going to be able to be comfortable in one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do or do not. There is no "comfortable."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...if I'm going to be able to be comfortable in one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do or do not. There is no "comfortable."

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I should have said " ... if I want to avoid injury"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ron Earp

Admin

Comfortable in a GT40 is al relative. I'm only 5'8" or so, and fit just fine in the cars. But, I am not sure I dig the laid back at 30 degrees driving position all that much - I prefer to be in a normal sitting position while racing and doing track time. I'll have to see if I can get used to it though.

You'll fit. Like I said, every manufactuer has all the tricks to get you in the car - dropped floor, seats with no rails, thin seats, Gurney bubble, etc. plus some other things that indivduals dream up. Gurney bubbles are "OEM" so to speak, so do one of those up and replicate a car.

Ron

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter

I fell asleep in my car during the build. Just after fitting the seats I got in for a quick test and snored off.Ron you get used to the driving position but it does take a while to learn to anticipate apexes (very early) before the corners.
Ross

Back