Member in US with GTD questions

I have posted in other areas of the forum, but think this might be the best place. I bought a CAV/GTD car awhile back and have a few questions. I need information on the following:

Is there such a thing as a wiring diagram?
Where is the fuse block, if any?
Owners handbook?
Venting the cockpit?
Fuel fillers (spits and takes forever)
Driver seat position

I would appreciate any information on the above. Contact me at: [email protected].

Thanks, Tony Hess

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Tony,

I have a GTD and offer the following:

• My fuse box in under the dash on the passenger side.
• The GTD wiring Diagrams I have are pathetic and don't match the car very well (although I could try to e-mail them if you get no other offers with better info)
• Cockpit venting is a great idea best achieved by removing the window entirely, unfortunately
• Fuel fillers: it sounds like your tanks are not vented properly. There should be a small return line that equalizes pressure when filling.
• Drivers seat in my car is bolted to the floor with adjustable seat tracks. These were not installed when I got the car. The seats were just bolted directly to the floor and my short legs could barely reach the pedals. Having the tracks helps, but makes my tall upper body wish I still had that extra inch of headroom. Adjustable pedals are the way to go if you're up to changing your set-up.

Hope that helps a bit. I have family in Pittsburgh. If you're near there, I'd love to visit next time I'm in town.

Mark

Malcolm

Supporter
The exploso safe filler to the fuel tanks make them very slow to fill. You are not alone with this issue. A breather from the rear of the tank to the filler cap can reduce the problem. I did know of someone who once a year took his sill panels off, drained his tanks and then disconnected the fuel filler pipe. He then used the super high tech approach of a broom handle up the tank to push the exploso safe foam back so that it stopped restricting fuel entry flow. I have not tried this myself but it was a solution used by someone some time back.

There is no owners hand book.

Tony, There is a build manual on the GTD site, I also scanned the wiring diagram which I think Paul Thompson will put up on the site as well soon.

Simon

Back