Mid-engined ‘Vette

Larry, how dare you call my longtime friend (purchased in 1971) a dog! And please get your facts correct. The 3 speed non syncro in 1st gear transmission was an option in 1955. How do I know, I was there!

P.S. you don't know sarcasm when it walks up and slaps you in the face.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, how dare you call my longtime friend (purchased in 1971) a dog! And please get your facts correct. The 3 speed non syncro in 1st gear transmission was an option in 1955. How do I know, I was there!

Uh...the #5 key and the #6 key are right next to each other on the keyboard. You don't suppose I might have just HIT THE WRONG ONE by mistake, do you? FYI: "I was there", too.

Regardless, MY POINT WAS exactly what I stated: The stock slush box in the PRE MANUAL TRANSMISSION 'VETTES (is that stated accurately enough for you?) WERE DOGS. The very FIRST Corvette that EVER CAME OFF THE ASSEMBLY LINE should have had a 'manual' tranny in it as STANDARD EQUIPMENT.

TODAY, however, the paddle shift autos outshine any manual tranny known to man in the 'performance' department. NO HUMAN can shift anywhere near as fast. That's repeatedly been proven beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Yes, I do...and I saw none.

G'night.

Howard Jones

Supporter
3400 dry is right at a Ferrari 458. The 458 is a much nicer looking car IMHO. I didn't like how the vet looks anyway. Too much "styling" by the Camaro team. We'll just have to wait for the ZO6 and see if they can get some weight off. IMHO it needs to be under 3000 pounds full up and ready to go and then add a hundred HP. Then we got something.

A car like that would be worth over a $100K. This $60K mid engine Camaro doesn't do it for me.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, Don't poke the bear.

Whyyyy, Tommm, I've never poked a bear in my life! What a thing to say! ;-)

('Almost had to shoot one about 35 years ago though. An air horn saved his butt...or ours...or both. Obviously, there's no way we'll ever know which was the case. Anyway, the horn sent him (her?) high tailing it like his/her butt was on fire! That episode ended out 'tent' camping "quick, fast, and in a hurry"[- Major Payne], I can tell you that.)

Attachments

• 706E78D2-D424-4AC3-A64C-6E7B00698C7C.png
    706E78D2-D424-4AC3-A64C-6E7B00698C7C.png
    780 KB · Views: 316
To bring this back to the forum theme, would anyone consider using a Corvette engine and transaxle as a donor for a GT40 build?

I would want a manual trans...seems a shame to buy such a high priced car and have to settle for an automatic!
Cheers!
Doug
The C8 has a Tremec Dual Clutch gearbox. It is not a normal automatic gearbox with wet clutches. This is the only gearbox the C8 will have and is similar to the 2020 GT500 gearbox (also built by tremec)

Back