Millen uses Mendeola transaxle in Genesis Coupe

phpThumb.php

Any thoughts? Price?

SEMA preview: Rhys Millen-built mid-engine Hyundai Genesis RM460 Coupe

Hi
May be they would like to use a MENDIOLA :))

Its for show and just for show. The gearbox " sequential 5 speed" pictured is a Porsche G50 ( may be bought at MENDIOLA, but that´s it).

It looks like a G50 01/ or / 02 ( or they have modified it to the short endcap).
SEQUENTIAL ? i dont think so. They even run it with the small (weaker) differential cover, so i dont believe they have done the pretty expensive sequential conversion. The only thing i can see, is a modification for an oil cooler setup.

As said this is a show piece, so probably they think they can tell the people what they want. It shows one more time that the press oftentimes have no glue.

BTW: i love the wooden adapter plate.

TOM

Last edited:
Hi
May be they would like to use a MENDIOLA :))

Its for show and just for show. The gearbox " sequential 5 speed" pictured is a Porsche G50 ( may be bought at MENDIOLA, but that´s it).

It looks like a G50 01/ or / 02 ( or they have modified it to the short endcap).
SEQUENTIAL ? i dont think so. They even run it with the small (weaker) differential cover, so i dont believe they have done the pretty expensive sequential conversion. The only thing i can see, is a modification for an oil cooler setup.

As said this is a show piece, so probably they think they can tell the people what they want. It shows one more time that the press oftentimes have no glue.

BTW: i love the wooden adapter plate.

TOM
The one in this picture is a mendeola unless Porsche has moved their starters to the top of the bell housing. Looks like the S4 I had in my buggie

Attachments

• phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg
    phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 801
Agree,, havent checked the pic you showed. I referred to this one.
g50.jpg

but after scrolling sidewards there is this one. THis is a Mendiola, but i dont know which one. Looks pretty long for using it in GT 40 , don´t you think ?

mendiola.jpg

Sorry for prejudgement

TOM

Last edited:
Agree,, havent checked the pic you showed. I referred to this one.
g50.jpg

but after scrolling sidewards there is this one. THis is a Mendiola, but i dont know which one. Looks pretty long for using it in GT 40 , don´t you think ?

mendiola.jpg

Sorry for prejudgement

TOM

Hello- the top picture is a Porsche box this was used for mock-up, and found it would not work, as well as a Ricardo box and Ford GT engine they have. If any one is interested they are looking to get rid of these items contact.

Rhys Millen Racing
Phone:
714-847-2158
Fax:
714-848-8621
E-Mail:
[email protected]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The unit they are using is the S5 model with a limited slip differential out of are SDR model transaxle.
We have built several of these for road course, and some custom street platformed mid-engine vehicles.
The S5 in length is 31.72"/805.6mm add your adapter.
The SDR in length is 29.74"/755.40mm no adapter needed.

Attachments

• _MG_3387.jpg
    _MG_3387.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 662
Looks like they are using a buggie type box with the engine above the diff probably because of the oil pan. inverted box would make the axles too high for the smaller dia. tires

Looks like they are using a buggie type box with the engine above the diff probably because of the oil pan. inverted box would make the axles too high for the smaller dia. tires

Lynn, yes this is the same unit we use in the dessert, but re-geared for a 285/30/20 to do 190mph with a limited slip differential.
The gearbox is input shaft over the differential so that they would not have to modify the stock hub and shock tower position.
The S4/S5 has modular bell-housings to rotate the box ether input above or bellow the differential.

Hi Jay
attachment.php

That gearbox on the table in the background is probably the one, we are looking for . WHat´s the status on the SDR 5 development ?

TOM

That units been done.
We are working on the exterior components to make it a complete package for the ease of customer installation.

Back