Mk 1 KONIs

Peter Barnes

Supporter
Help Please, Anyone know the KONI part numbers for the front and rear shocks on a Mk1.

They are 8211-13??

Thanks, Peter.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
I have 8212s, which are apparently the aluminium bodied version of the dampers used in some originals. Have tried to find the original reference, but no success.

Peter Barnes

Supporter
I have 8212s, which are apparently the aluminium bodied version of the dampers used in some originals. Have tried to find the original reference, but no success.
Hi Brian,
Quote from Motor Sport Magazine:
In 1959 Koni began its long relationship with Ferrari in F1, the 8211 competing in its first Grand Prix at Monza that year with Belgian driver Olivier Gendebien at the wheel of the Dino 246. A twin-tube design, the 8211 had a steel body heavier than ideal for F1, but a reflection of Koni’s concerns over manufacturing difficulties using aluminium. Once the 8211 had thoroughly proved itself, though, the obvious development was to make the switch to the lighter body material. This Koni duly did in 1967, giving birth to the 8212 – the first example of which, No 1003, was manufactured for a Ford GT40 Mk1 on 3 January that year. It’s worth being specific about the date because,...............

call Koni, they know the exact shock, part number and there are a few things they do to the top and bottom connection points that are unique for the GT40. By the way, they aint cheep.

Peter Barnes

Supporter
call Koni, they know the exact shock, part number and there are a few things they do to the top and bottom connection points that are unique for the GT40. By the way, they aint cheep.
Hi Scott,
I tried Koni first, No help at all !. Yes very expensive

true, but Mr. Wood may be able to direct you to the right place for the Koni's. I very recently got a set, so I speaketh from experinceth.....good luck.

Back