mk4 for sale in Belgium

If the price is correct for a replica, and it’s as accurate as they say, it would be a pretty cool historic racer.

J2 was a J car not a MK-IV.
It was "broken in two" by the Miles crash, remains stored at Holman & Moody for Ford,
possession of the remains transferred to H&M by Ford @ 1971, reported to have been scrapped
The current car using "J2" was not built by Kar Kraft therefor not part of any of the KK build tubs ( J1 > J12) or any original "DNA"
Using "parts of the original" car does not transfer any provenance,
An accurate re-creation using original parts give some tribute to the original item, a lovely car
There is only one Mona Lisa, but many reproductions.

IMHO

jim p

Found this on Google:
Ford commissioned Kar Kraft of Michigan, to substantially revise the model. The Brunswick Aircraft Corporation was contracted to provide honeycomb-aluminum paneling for racing tubs. With the relatively narrow cockpit, Kar Kraft was able to sharply taper the front glass at the sides for improved aerodynamics.

So this tels us, Brunswick Aircraft Corporation was involved in the builds.
Just wondering now, is there proof that the remains of J2 are at H & M ?

Not saying the Belgium J2 converted to mk4 car is genuine, but its an interresting story after all.

The Belgium car looks authentic in every angle, so for a replica speeking, somebody did put a lot of effort to build this whenever that was.
the mk4 is not the type of replica you can get on mail order....

I just returned from a trip to Spa for the Belgian Grand Prix. While in Brussels I visited Autworld, the Belgian national automobile museum, where I saw this car. As I approached it, I first thought it was a J Car because of the paint scheme, but quickly saw that it was a Mk IV. Searching for information on which car it might be brought me to this thread, which has answered some questions and raised others. I must say that the car looks quite striking in the white and blue/black livery. I always thought Ford made a mistake aesthetically painting the cars in the production colors, rather than retaining the more traditional look.

Steve Sobieralski

Charlie Farley

Supporter
This car has about as much connection with any original as a ' used tea bag '. However, it even fails on that criteria, as the tea bag went in the kitchen bin 60 years ago.,, period. I'm not about to waste my time, further, with explaining how i know. But i have seen, in person, many so called ' collection ' of remains of original chassis. This was never one of them. Wake up guys, there is a whole unwholesome industry clutching desperately onto the coat tails of genuine original chassis.

Back