Myers-Briggs Type Indicators

Has anyone done their MBTI?

It would be interesting to see if there is a correlation between personality types for kit builders (slow and fast builds), designers/manufacturers, future purchasers etc.

For example:

I'm an INTP, and am designing my own sportscar with a view to low volume production (typical 'big picture' behaviour!).

Characteristics frequently associated with INTPs are: 'Seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests them. Theoretical and abstract, interested more in ideas than in social interaction. Quiet, contained, flexible, and adaptable. Have unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in their area of interest. Skeptical, sometimes critical, always analytical."

What are you?

If you know your indicator type I can post the blog.

ENFP: Includes "Contagious enthusiasm for "causes" that further good and develop latent potential and the same zeal for discovering dishonesty and inauthenticity (must mean those fake 'genuine' GT40s out there ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif). Frequently moved to enthusiastically communicate their "message"."

Ah Ha! 2 extroverts...

ENTP: 'Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analysing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another.'

ENFP: 'Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency." (Frequently used to enthusiastically communicate their "message" - I presume!)

How about some others?

Paul, you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff on the web about it. A lot of big employers offer it as part of team building etc, at least here in Oz.

Pete, what's yours? ISTJ or there abouts?

Fred, I was really surprised at how close mine was to reality too...

Keep 'em coming guys, and please identify whether you're a builder, planning to build, designer, manufacturer, etc (although I know what most of you regulars are up to by now).

[ QUOTE ]
Fred, I was really surprised at how close mine was to reality too...

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two ways to take the test. The first is to go through it and answer all of the questions. The other is to look at the 16 possible results and pick the one that you feel matches your personality. Both methods are about equally reliable.

The last time I took the test, I think I ended up with something like IXXX (I was in between in each category).

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
How about this one: www.tjti.com, the Thomas-Jung Type Indicator test? I was contacted by a potential employer and asked to take this test. Strangley I was contatced by this employer via two different recruiting sites, one required the test, one never mentioned it!

Seems to be some type of "handwriting anylsis" They want you to copy the text once in your cursive hand, once in print, both on plain unruled paper. The test seemed a little odd to me, contains errors in math and grammar/spelling errors. Do they want you to catch these or are you to be a good sheep and follow blindly?

A little GOOGLE research turned up a lot of doubt about this test. I have an expert in the family regarding this, my daughter-in-law is a PhD in Orginazational Phychology (? yeah, I don't know either!) and is expert in H.R. hiring tests and she terms it "voodoo" and says that handwriting anylisis is pretty much debunked in the US but still popular in Europe.

Boy, I don't want this on my PERMANENT RECORD!!!!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Back