NEC Classic Car Show 2015

already put it in my diary, i work for my self so all good, and trust me the car will look even better by the time of the show, while the box is out etc I've been doing a mega clean on the engine and ali work

looking forward to this

james

I spoke to the chap selling the Mk II on eBay. What a lovely man!

He's happy to bring his car to the show, so we'll have a real mixed bag of Mk I's, Mk II's and Mk III's.

It turns out he's a Lambo fan, and has a Countach and a Muira! Lucky bugger!

So.....

I work for a company that builds exhibition stands around the world. I also help to organise the club stand at the NEC. Can you see where this is going????....

I have a plan to build a large Start/Finish 'Gantry' on the stand. This gives us an opportunity to have some new graphics / photos / text at high level. I'm going to print them on external vinyl so that they can be used at future events. They will be approx 7.5m wide by 1.0m high (about 21' x 3' in old money), and there will be 2 of them.

So...

1) what do we put on them? (photos / text etc)
2) does anybody have high resolution images of the club logo?

I look forward to hearing your (reasonable / positive) suggestions!!!

Thanks

Darren

hey darren

the car is all back together and I've been spending most nights in the garage cleaning and polishing ...... your ideas for the start line sounds amazing, think this will look awesome, I've booked into the Arden hotel next to the NEC for the show and also sorted a trailer to bring the car up on....please please let me know if there is anything i can do to lend a hand. James

Hi Darren,
Given that this is the last big show of the year before 2016 and the 50th anniversary of the all important 1966 Le Mans victory would it not be a an idea to use some of the photo's from the gathering at Bruntingthorpe. I have some high res photo's (including some panoramic shots) and I imagine that Paul Brameld has some good shots as well.
Or how about some original Le Mans photo's, i.e. the start or the GT40's crossing the finish line.
Cheers ..... Steve.

How's this?

(Excuse the Bentley's - we will be using GT40's!)

Darren

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 17.40.40.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 17.40.40.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 248
...or this

(I think I prefer a darker carpet).

I still need ideas for the overhead graphics.....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 17.47.13.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 17.47.13.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 244
Hi

Does anybody have a high resolution of a Mk II, similar to the black one at the top of this page? We need another image for the club stand.

Unfortunately, we couldn't locate a high-resolution image of the 1966 Le Mans finish.

Thanks!

Darren

Images for the 21' x 4' banner (double sided) and the counter fronts are attached.

Should look great!

Darren

Attachments

• Final.jpg
    Final.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 249
  • desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 219
Looking good.

Weather permitting should be there on Saturday giving rides out in the GTD via Sporting Bears

hey darren

those banners look amazing , great work, I've just sent you a DM about what time you want me to get the car there on thursday, hopefully speak soon

james

Good Luck with the stand. I hope it goes well for you all. Incidentially Jackie Ickx objected to the Le Mans start and was last away poruposely in 1969 when he won.
Regards Allan

Sneaky photo's of the stand at the NEC.....

Thanks to all who helped, especially those who have donated their cars for the weekend, some of whom have travelled many miles and are staying in local hotels, and a special thank you to Dick Townsend who was called upon last night due to another car dropping out at short notice.

Please drop by if you get a chance, feel free to renew your membership at the show, and perhaps buy a fantastic GT40 T-shirt!

Cheers

Darren

Attachments

• IMG_0762.JPG
    IMG_0762.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0758.JPG
    IMG_0758.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0760.JPG
    IMG_0760.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 258

Mike Pass

Supporter
Looking really good. Great job as usual gentlemen. Banners look very classy. Well done. I get to check them out in person tomorrow.
Cheers
Mike

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I agree it is a great stand and I saw it in person today, never took any pictures as it was swamped with public drooling over the cars.

Great display guys

Ian

Back