New Audi AFC Box with Quaife LSD For Sale - Again!

Ron Earp

Admin
I thought this was sold so I removed it, but that was premature. Buyer thought it was a different box. Sooooooo, its back.

Anyhow, I'm selling my Audi box to go with a 930. We've calculated timing on building this car and we don't have time to set it up for an Audi, drive it, and then take it apart to set it up for enduro racing with the 930. It'd require changing too much stuff and eat up too much time. Not so much money I'm concerned about, but time lost essentially building the same part twice.

For Sale

New Audi AFC 5 speed transaxle with Quaife LSD. This is a new box, bought from German Transaxle as NOS about four years ago. It has never been run but has been stored inside and is in great shape. It has the new Quaife ATB LSD installed and setup properly. These cost over $1300 new plus install/setup.

This transaxle DOES NOT come with shifter, flywheel, adapter plate, pressure plate, or clutch. It DOES HAVE a new slave cylinder mounted and will come with a throwout bearing that might work with your application. It also has a cool 3" billet plug on the end of the transaxle in place of the black plug that says "Ford GT" with the Ford GT logo of old.

This transmission has been notched on the bottom for an RCR chassis. That won't hurt anything at all, but if you have an RCR it'll make it a drop in. If an RF, CAV, or other Audi/Getrag box car you can use as is, or, you can use the notch to lower your gearbox and avoid the dreaded forward tilt if you lower your engine mounts to suit.

These boxes were used in virtually all RF cars and a large percentage of the first 100 CAV cars. They can be used in RCR cars easily, as well as other offerings on the market.

I'm asking $2600 OBO for the transaxle. Drop me an email at [email protected] if interested. I can ship it anywhere in the US for about $150 freight. I'll post pictures this weekend as I remove it, photos can be seen now on the Lola build thread.

Re: New Audi AFC Box with LSD For Sale - Again!

Ron,
I have sent you a PM and an email prior, did you get it? You can contact me here: [email protected] If you send me a phone number I can call you if you like.

I'm interested in the box.

--Mike

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Mike, going through emails this morning. Pictures of box:

Attachments

• trnas1.JPG
    trnas1.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 388

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for the inquiries, the box is sold. All additional parts that are specific for the 016 are gone as well. Thanks again,

Ron

Back