New Body Design on a GT40 Replica Chassis

another very old rough sketch.....

img226.jpg

Nothing personal, I understand it's an industry wide trend. I say (with examples) as one of the "Big Wheel" using guys here .... a few of the MBZ and certainly the Mazda are just a joke...... even I dont think they look dynamic or even attractive.

I just noticed that my old renderings have dissapeared....:sad:, anyway just for fun, here is a new design rendering using the dimensions of a Gt40 chassis( I found a Tornado chassis on the net)

Ciao
Italo

img284-1.jpg

img283-1.jpg

If someone can post or has 3/4 view images of a rolling chassis, I'd like to work a front a rear view rendering.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks
Italo

oh, thats nice Italo, love that short rear overhang...
have you seen the new concept Wiesmann Spyder? also a very short overhang.

wiesmann-spyder-03.jpg

2011-wiesmann-spyder-concept_100342659_m.jpg

oh, thats nice Italo, love that short rear overhang...
have you seen the new concept Wiesmann Spyder? also a very short overhang.

wiesmann-spyder-03.jpg

2011-wiesmann-spyder-concept_100342659_m.jpg

Thank you...:)

I didn't see the new Wiesmann but it looks very interesting indeed...I had sketched something similar some time ago on a seven replica chassis...

This Wiesmann is really nice and special, saw it 2 weeks ago in the flesh, went there with 8 members from our carforum, their factory is only 96km from my house :D, very nice details and aeroducts and brakes and the V8 M3 420hp engine with DKG getriebe.
But its more for track-days/races I think, so your latest would be a better road animal, I almost can see the rear-deck you have in mind for it...a bit Maserati Merak lower deck, or Lotus Europa TC (old model) I like that..

Last edited:
T I almost can see the rear-deck you have in mind for it...a bit Maserati Merak lower deck, or Lotus Europa TC (old model) I like that..

Well spotted, maserati Merak with a modern design update would be perfect...:)

but I also like the old Europa...

Thanks again for your feedback .

Cheers
Italo

If someone can post or has 3/4 view images of a rolling chassis, I'd like to work a front a rear view rendering.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks
Italo
Hi Italo, those picture's are hard to get, I have a few on my pc but best is to take a look at this work of art, there you also can find some rollers maybe you can use for your drawings.

Ford GT40 3D Model by Luis Nieves (Making Of)

example

makingof2.jpg

its from Luis Nieves, the mark 1, you can also find some of that here on gt40s.com or on the web from him.

more to choose from him, here>>

Luis Nieves CGArt Works

this is such drawing too...amazing>

Ford_GT40_01.jpg

Hi Italo, those picture's are hard to get, I have a few on my pc but best is to take a look at this work of art, there you also can find some rollers maybe you can use for your drawings.

Ford GT40 3D Model by Luis Nieves (Making Of)

example

makingof2.jpg

its from Luis Nieves, the mark 1, you can also find some of that here on gt40s.com or on the web from him.

more to choose from him, here>>

Luis Nieves CGArt Works

this is such drawing too...amazing>

Ford_GT40_01.jpg

Hi Rene, thank you for the link and pictures and have to say the artwork looks great.

I have found a few chassis pictures in some of the forums and will use something in the future or maybe not....

The next time I will be showing a new body inspired by the Gt40 but with a modern design.

Stay tuned...:)

Ciao
Italo

Back