New car 1st picture posted

Howard Jones

Supporter
I'm trying to post some pictures of my work in progress.
album

Howard is the image on your PC or a Web server? It needs to be somewhere "online all the time" so the GT40 chatroom server can reference the address to show the image without storing it at the chatroom site!?

Try this,

Press reply to message, type message, press IMAGE button, down 2" below this... then paste previously copied URL (address from the "Address Http://" line. Submit by pressing "Add Reply" view the result after being taken back by the software,

Hope this helps..

ImageStation doesn't like you linking your pictures here.

fcf71370.jpg

I'll look into hosting photos on my site, maybe it can be done there easily!

Your pal,
Meat.

The car looks great Howard, nice set of pipes! Whats the db rating?

Could you tell me where you got the air filter. I am struggling to find an oval type filter that is suitable up to 400 bhp here in the UK.

Regards Paul.

That's a K&N filter. They have lots of different styles/shapes/sizes, and are the best flowing air filter available.

Howard,

Where did you get the double carb return spring?

Bill

[ December 10, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

Summit Racing sells dual springs in several colors. GAR-09012BK is their part # for black. $6.95 Black, blue, red, and gold available (gold is twice the cost!!)
Also SUM-G1320 for $6.95.
Others listed too. Do a search on "carb spring" www.summitracing.com

Dave

Howard Jones

Supporter
The exhaust started out as the one that comes from GTD and then I cut off the muffler from the collecters and had them welded onto two RPM baffelled mufflers. These mufflers have a spirel baffel inside and no packing. I wanted to Jet Hot coat the whole thing and you can't Jet coat packing like steelwool or something like that. I don't think that this system will be "completely legal" but what good is a quite GT40. 300-400db..... Just kidding, I'm just about ready to start it up then we'll know. I think you guy in England will hear it!
I want to thank Paul Thomson fpr helping me with posting the pictures.
Howard Jones Cal USA

Howard Jones

Supporter
Springs for carb came from Jegs. The filter is a K&N 11" X 1.5" round filter that has simply been shaped to fit the housing. I got the Cobra housing from Bud Jones also on this forum No relation other than friendship.
I spent at least a month working out the carb linkage. the cable, very low friction morse type, is out of a sprint car. This works Very well. I have since used the same cable for the choke and was able to mount the choke knob on the center console near the shifter.

Back