New car advice, bad ass 4 door...

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
WRX is on my short list, but I have a friend who owned one along with a Vette and a built supercharged T-Bird. Said the power on those was really peaky, but I really like them. An STi in white or black with the gold wheels would look great. I do love getting away with speeding in the Vic though... LOL

Brian,
Stay with the Vic for a year and then move up. I promise you will not regret waiting. If you must go newer, go with a gently used car and pay for a carfax report. Expect to pay around $10,000 for a 2 year old model like a civic, hundai (SP?), or Toyota. Some pretty good Fords in that range as well like a V6 Mustang if you know how to haggle.
Garry

Brian:

I am a Ford guy at heart. I bought a 2007 Suzuki Forenza 4 door with 5 speed stick. It is no super fast car but it does get 33 miles to the gallon. When gas was 4.50 + I was glad I had it.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
IS300 is also on the short list. LOL. I's love to do the Supra drivetrain swap with the 6-speed. I'd love to get one that's already done though. GS300's are like that too. Hehe. Some local people have done that with GREAT success.

I have a mercedes S500 (2002) for business stuff and it's a heck of a car - 27-29mpg on the freeway, gets to 60 real quick and is limited to 155. I wouldn't say it's exactly "badazz" but it's fast and safe and roomy and very comfortable. Has been dead reliable for several years now.

That said, a TDI Jetta would be tough to beat for economical travel when starting a new job - get one a few years old for sub $10,000 and enjoy 50mpg...

Back