New England area GT40 owners and builders

It seems there are quite a few people on this forum from the New England area. Some that come to mind are Brian McCarthy in NH (whom I haven't heard from in quite a while), DENIS in NH, Blue Oval Blood in MA, Datonabill in MA(who I know lurks here but hasn't posted since he lost his account information), Jim G is in NYC which isn't too far, and I know I've seen other locals but their user names just don't come to mind right now.

I'd like to get an idea of who all is local to New England, and suggest maybe we arrange some sort of a get together after the holiday craziness has calmed down to shake off the winter blues. Maybe dinner somewhere, beer and pizza in someone's garage, or some good indoor karting at F1 Boston. Whatever.

Go ahead and chime in, if you please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Mark, Sound like a good plan. I just posted photos of my build on my build site, check em out.Are you building a gt or have a completed one?

Hey Mark, Have you heard of the northeast replica challenge that was held at NHIS a few years ago? I think that it would be worth starting that over again. It was very popular and was growing fast, so much so, that the guy running it backed off because of the work involved, so the story goes.

Don't forget me! I have a CAV GT40 and reside in North Hampton, NH. As far as teh Northeast Replica is concerned the main problem Joe gave up on it was the noise regulations that came into effect there. I ran my GT40 at NHIS with COM in October and had a blast! I usally run my factory Five spec racer and once I ran my Daytona Coupe too. We could have our own little GT40 group and we could always "crash" some of the factory five cobra events that I usually attend.

Hello fact 5 racer. I believe we have the same lot of cars. I have a completed cobra, a gt 40NZ in my garage now, estimated spring completion, and a daytona coupe body and chassis being built now. I believe I have met you once when you were trailering your cobra racer to the track. It was at a Sunoco station in Auburn off rt 101.

Back