New from Nebraska

Hi guys,
I have been wanting to build a kit car for sometime, I was all about the FFR Gtm until I seen the Superlite coupe by RSR. I believe thats the car I want to build. I have spent sometime reading posts on here, and looking at build pictures. I see some very nice craftsmanship! I have never built a kit car, however, I have built a number of race cars and modified street cars. I am a GM LS engine nut, I have transplanted several of these in various cars and trucks and will definitely use one in an SLC. I have competed in open road races and really like that, especially the mile shootouts. I own a c5 zo6 with a 427na that has gone 182 in the mile. My shop truck was my first turbo charged ls motor, it makes 670rwhp with a rear mount turbo setup that I built. I have wanted to build a 1000rwhp car or truck for a bit, I am thinking an SLC would be a cool chassis if I'm bright enough to make it work. I understand no one has done a gm TT SLC, maybe there is a reason that I haven't found yet. I own an automotive repair shop in western Nebraska, we have a chassis dyno but performance work is a small part of what we do, but it is certainly a nice piece of equipment to play with! I will be at the texas mile later this month, would love to meet any members that might be going. I have rambled on long enough, look forward to meeting some of you.

Hi Mike,

I think you'll find that the SLC is a great foundation for a big turbo engine. There is lots of room in the chassis, and the chassis strength is unparalleled in the industry.

My SLC has an LS7, and I am thinking of putting two small turbos on it later, just to wake it up, when I get accustomed to the power of the stock engine.

And, of course, Toby has a TT Lexus engine in his SLC. He says it makes 1000 HP, but I think that may be using the metric Canadian ponies. :)

If you want to run the mile, the SLC has a race history, complete with aero development, which should prove useful to you.

Good luck with the SLC- it looks like it will be a great combo!

I have to bust your balls, Welcome to the Big Ten Conference, I'm originally from Wisconsin and am a Badger fan.

Will,
thanks for the encouragement, I am still learning a lot about the slc. I see you have the Ricardo, do you know how much power those will take?

Ben,
I am sure I will have my turn at busting your balls.... lol I enjoyed the first half, the 2nd, no so much!

Will,
thanks for the encouragement, I am still learning a lot about the slc. I see you have the Ricardo, do you know how much power those will take?

There are plenty of 1000+ HP FGTs running around and none of them seem to be breaking transaxles. That's good enough for me.

Back