New from South Carolina.

*sigh* My bonus is looking bleak. I have one more chance at getting the job I want in the AF which comes with a nice bonus. If the review board (which is computer generated mind you) sees that I don't compare to the other applicants, then it looks like I'll end my enlistment in March and become a civilian again. Go back to my old job babysitting convicts and take night classes on my GI bill. Going to be a tough life, but I don't think I would be able to stay in my current job without killing someone. Too much stress and BS. I WILL have my -40 though, just probably going to take a little longer than anticipated.

Time is what you make of it. So don't fret. Learn something new each day(about your build) and you will make more progress than you know. Take it from one who knows.

Bill

Ben,
Welcome to the group and hang in there!

It IS getting harder to stay in these days, but if you do and want to gain the skills, switch from Crew Chief to the shop floor. You'll learn all kinds of skills you can take with you in the civilian world. Have the USAF send you to welding schools, sheet metal, composite/battle damage repair, etc....you know what I'm talking about. If you go civilian, there's always companies like Dyncorp, L-3, and others that will hire you with these skills to work in dirty places on the other side of the world. You'll have your big house and a GT in no time...

Back