New GT40 Book Just Arrived

I just got a new book called, Ford GT40, Production & Racing History, Individual Chassis Record by Trevor Legate. This book was first published in 2001 and this is the revised and reprinted 2003 book. I don't have the 2001 version so I can't compare the two. This 2003 book was on back order and just showed up today. I got it through Classic Motorbooks here in the U.S. This is a very nice hard cover book. This book does a great job telling the history of the GT40. (No mention of the new Ford GT40 ) It has a lot of wonderful pictures in it and in the Appendix in the back is a exploded view parts manual. The only major fault I had with the book was the details of the post-Ford GT40 car section, Chapter 10, "The GT40 Reborn" This chapter starts out strong discussing the Safir, Holman GT40's but gets weak in discussing the replica market. Only ones mentioned are KVA, Dax40, Sbarro, GTD, RLM, ERA but that's it. No mention of any other makers! Hopefully the next time this book gets revised again this chapter will get updated too!
One other section of the book that stood out (negative) was the chassis history section. Since cars are bought and sold all the time once a book is printed and reaches circulation it will already be out of date. I understand that, but under the J6 history it ends as "Purchased by Peter Livanos in 1988 and sold at a later date to an anonymous owner who added modifications to allow for road use." Anyone who visits this web site on a regular basis knows who owns J6. I don't know why information like this wasn't updated in this book.
Overall I loved this book. Just the pictures and the parts manual are worth the price of this book. Well, that's just my (long) two cents worth. Anybody else have this new (revised) book and if so what did you think of it? How many pages was the 2001 version of this book? This 2003 version is 240 pages long.
Jim Seisser

Hi Jim,
I own the 2001 version of this book. It has also 240 pages, same as the new release. I'm nearly sure that there are no differences between both of them except the date of print.....
If you got to www.veloce.co.uk using their search engine for GT40 you'll find the actual print version for £45.00, a special offer (last of the first edition) for £40.00 and a leather bound edition for £225.00 - but nothing's mentioned that there's a contents difference between them.
Regards,
Volker

Back