New here

Hey everyone, my name is Alex. I joined the forum about a month ago. I live on the East coast of Florida, and just put a deposit down on a GT40 from RCR. Super excited for this build.
I have a 1967 Mustang that I completely rebuilt, nothing too crazy but more of a daily driver style car. I built it with the intentions to do Power Tour with it and I got to do that this year, so on to the next project lol. I am a CNC machinist so I was able to make a couple things for the Mustang that hopefully I get to also make for this build.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 76
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 80
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 75
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 79
  • thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    160 KB · Views: 82

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Alex! Fine looking pony you have there!
Please start a build log for your GT where you can share plans and progress!

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Alex. Nice Mustang !!! As Randy said, please start a build log as you progress.
Enjoy the forum.
Regards Brian

Hey everyone, my name is Alex. I joined the forum about a month ago. I live on the East coast of Florida, and just put a deposit down on a GT40 from RCR. Super excited for this build.
I have a 1967 Mustang that I completely rebuilt, nothing too crazy but more of a daily driver style car. I built it with the intentions to do Power Tour with it and I got to do that this year, so on to the next project lol. I am a CNC machinist so I was able to make a couple things for the Mustang that hopefully I get to also make for this build.
a secretary's car ? ;-)

Nice 67 I have a 68 coupe factory 289 next year will be 30 years of ownership, love it will never sell it . The competition also had straight 6 engines to big V8s ,390,428,427 . Somewhere I remember hearing about a car that won LeMans with those engines but can't seem to place it.

Nice 67 I have a 68 coupe factory 289 next year will be 30 years of ownership, love it will never sell it . The competition also had straight 6 engines to big V8s ,390,428,427 . Somewhere I remember hearing about a car that won LeMans with those engines but can't seem to place it.
I have a long time before I can own a car for 30 years, I'm only 31 lol. I got mine as a rolling shell about 5 years ago. All originality was gone so it was a really good candidate to do a custom build so I replaced everything on the car. I've had it on the road since April of last year.

Yes when Europeans were saving for one of these.
:):):):):):)

View attachment 134590

Welcome Alex
Thanks for mentioning these wonderful cars from the 60s. These were lovely cars, indeed! Race versions were very successful in their class. In particular, the Type 650 TR II in FIA Group 2 up to 700 cm³ (e.g. Group 2 European rally champion in 1966). Hill climbs were their specialties and they are still popular in historic events. Have to have a V8? No problem:
Not sure if a secretary would be happy with one today, however ... ;-)
And welcome to Alex, of course!

See also: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr-Puch_500
"
"

Last edited:
Hey Alex I live in the Fl panhandle and put my deposit down in april for my Markll Delux Kit.Havent heard anything yet,I was told 7 months when I ordered but you know I guess the supply chain is still jacked up so in the meantime I spent time getting my garage ready.We may be close enough to share some ideas .I will shoot you a email when they ask for my second payment to update you on my timeline .

Back