NEW Martini RCR917 Toronto show this weekend

This world is TINY and i'm reminded of that every time I go overseas and bump into 5 people I know in Dubai airport lol.

Yes it was, the two versions of bodywork, and R&D that went into the 935 was unreal. The end product could be duplicated for about $95k top notch without the motor. That motor alone had over $142k in it....

And that was the reason the first Mrs. and I didn't work out lol. But the new one is even better :) She's pushing me hard to choose between SLC, 917 and 962. This build will be under $150-170k that's my allocated budget according to her.

Mrs. #1 gone too.

My agony is Fran builds beautiful cars and have been following him for years, as I see no better quality/cost builder. His GT40 is what hooked me even before the air cooled Porsche's took a root in my heart as I grew up a bleeding blue oval. Then he goes and builds the 917: Which is undoubtly the most prolific winning epic Porsche. I can't do a flat 12 from knowledge base or financially. Its really small and I'm weird in wanting dual purpose, no matter how limited it is in reality. I've thought of a Cayenne or 3.3TT, but have a bunch of air cooled cars already and would that do the chassis justice? No offense to those who have put LS engines in there as I have a 914 with one, but this is like sticking a sbc in a Cobra or a Coyote in a GS. Just eats at me :)

Then Fran goes and creates his SLC, which I love since its superior in performance (I have enough retro by most people's standards) and I don't have to say "replica" to peeps. And gives a little wiggle room for a D-type to park next to my XKE some day when I'm too old to climb in the SLC.

My current ranking after seeing the SLC in person roughly a month ago (RCR's old test mule) down here at Putnam Park:

1. SLC with LS engine/930 box (can be pragmatically built)
2. GT40 (being a child hood dream, likely to cost most)
3. 917 (big friends that won't fit, unsure I can do it justice in engine department)

You're not the only one considering a 917 as a DD....

I'll never understand how some of you guys can think DD'ing an SLC or 917 or kit car in general would be fun.

As a track car - yes. as a cruising car on the weekend or to tear up the backroads - yes. As an e-penis inflation device - yes. But to drive in stop & go traffic, everyday, with morons around you, when your roof is not even at the door handle of 1/2 the cars on the road (!), having to avoid speed bumps and road dips and debris and whatnot, erm, no thanks!

This was my last DD....I spend just about the last decade in Iraq and Afghanistan...triple plate clutch, ITBs and a sport-bike like rev made it interesting. The riveted in windows with sliders, no AC and a painted interior made it motoring nirvana. AND a rwhp figure over 1,000 at full boost of 1.8 bar.

I'm just wired this way.

Attachments

• Pioneer%20Trek%202009%20012.jpg
    Pioneer%20Trek%202009%20012.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_4428.jpg
    IMG_4428.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 355
This was my last DD....I spend just about the last decade in Iraq and Afghanistan...triple plate clutch, ITBs and a sport-bike like rev made it interesting. The riveted in windows with sliders, no AC and a painted interior made it motoring nirvana. AND a rwhp figure over 1,000 at full boost of 1.8 bar.

I'm just wired this way.

Still safer/easier to DD than most kit cars :laugh:

I meant dual purpose as one that I can plate and drive WHEN I want for above reasons LOL. I have a stable full of cars that my insurance man laughs at when I give miles per week quotes. Mulitple vintage cars + bikes and a 10 mile round trip commute doesn't calculate well for most. What it does mean is that I don't have to worry about mileage on tires other than to use them up before they harden/rot. One of the great things about going this route is that it will keep my wallet and hands occupied so that I won't keep adding to stable.

Its the blessings of small town USA. Downside is everything.....EVERYTHING is mail order relative to cars.

HubGarage.com: Eclectic Juxtaposed Concepts Garage

My daily driver isn't near as over the top and my wing is smaller than Reaper's!

Attachments

• wp0ab2962ms410469.jpg
    wp0ab2962ms410469.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 230
Back