Greetings all,
Just joined. My sons and I are building a FFR cobra replica, but we want to run webers and were referred to this site as THE place to go to get good weber info.

Just started looking around, but there are some really nice rides here. Maybe we'll do a GT40 when we get done with the starter kit!

Thanks,
John

Welcome John,

Cam and I are building SL-C's here in the DFW area.....but, sorry no Webers on either. You're welcome to come by and take a peak though.

You'll definitely be closer to Cam as Cam will attest! I live in the "suburbs" of Lone Oak (pop 543) south of Greenville, TX.

Doc, I checked out yours and Cam's build threads. Those SL-C's are way cool. I'd better not let my boys see those until we're done.

Welcom John,
If you are going to power your Cobra with a 427, I have an nos Tecalemit-Jackson fuel injection system that is compleat, except for the fuel pump. It is in the origional shipping crate. Was shipped to Holman and Moody in Charlot, North Carolina on Sep/18/1967 from Plymouth, Devon England. It uses a Webber intake manifold.
Good luck and happyness building your Cobra with your sons. I did the same with my son , and the experience is wonderful.

John,

My wife saw the XJ13 kit so I guess that will be my NEXT build.......But at my pace, she will have to wait awhile.

John, Welcome to you and your sons and good luck in the build of your Cobra. Before I get started this reply will more than likely be moved to the proper thread on carbs (since you joined to get more info on Webers) so if it disappears thats where you'll find it.

So you're thinking of Webers are ya? I have four 44 IDF's on my GT40. The Pro's they look great, they sound great, they look period correct and they are bad a** and when they're right they are right.....for a while. Plus, everyone loves to see them sitting on top of your engine. The cons, they can be/are fickle and when they go off song you can search for answers for some time before finding a small bit of grit or something that caused them to spit or cough and cause the car to run rough. Changes in weather or to your engine can have an effect and they can foul your plugs if not set just right. They have many adjustments to tinker with so if you know what you're doing....go for it. If you know someone who has Weber knowledge (aka: the black art) and is close by then go for it. I have mechanic's in my area (N Central Florida) who claim to know what they're doing but none of them have been able to back their claims up much to my wallets chagrin. This has caused some sleepless nights as my car sits idle until I can effectuate repairs. There are books out there too on Webers which might be worth a look. Ideally and if I could afford them I'd go for the FI weber look kit but they're very pricey. After that a 4 barrell just to enjoy the car more and have much more streetability. With a 4 barrell you lose alot on the looks and sound IMHO. But you gain in not having to buy alot of Advil or aspirin and with a 4 barrell you adjust only one carb versus 4. Time is money as they say. Hope this helps.

Back