New Self Canceling Turn Signal

A couple of years ago I built a Cobra replica. I put the VW turn signal in, but was not too happy with the look or the performance. I am now building a GT40, and didn’t want to use the same system. A friend and I came up with an idea for a new way to do the turn signal, and make it much easier to install, and we thought would work really well....

So, we did it! It turned out to be a bit more work than we thought (isn’t that always the way), but it is just COOL.

It uses magnetic heading to know when to cancel. In addition, it has a bunch of other stuff. It integrates the brake lights (if you wish), can be set to also cancel on time, and even monitors the voltage of the car. I built a few extra ones, and am selling them from a little engineering company I own. So if you are interested, you can read all about it at www.grandcanyonengineering.com

Guys,
I know Kevin personally and you can rest assured that if he is selling this product then it is the best that it can be. It's a cool idea which I would have loved to have when I built my car. I put in a different steering column just so the signal stat would be self cancelling.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hersh,

Thanks for the kind words.

Simon,

This has only gone on sale within the past week. No one except me has one installed already. So, that is a concern that is totally understandable. To help answer that I offer a money back guarantee. If you aren't satisfied, send it back and I will refund your money.

There are many motorcycles that have self-canceling indicators but I have always wondered what triggers them to cancel since there is no mechanical link to the steering head. Is it possible to cost effectively transpose these to a car? (Apologies to Kevin, not meaning to rain on your party)

Back