NEW SLC interior tub

We have been working on this new interior tub for the last few months...

This tub is one piece and is going to be available in black fiberglass or in full vacuum bagged carbon and is now in production as an option.

The center console is a separate unit allowing fitting of the shifter and adjustment of the cables

The rear bulkhead and inner roof is an integrated piece,
This component is a separate piece from the seat tub and will allow the Le Mans to use the same tub with a different rear bulkhead panel

The tub has been designed to allow installation of heat and sound proofing installation and then the tub inserted on top of these products.

Attachments

• L1030608 [640x480].JPG
    L1030608 [640x480].JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 2,460
  • L1030614 [640x480].JPG
    L1030614 [640x480].JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,117
  • L1030610 [640x480].JPG
    L1030610 [640x480].JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 3,164
  • L1030607 [640x480].JPG
    L1030607 [640x480].JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,173
Last edited:
Wow Fran... I have been kicking myself for a couple of financial set backs but your product keeps getting better and easier to use over time. Can't wait to see what's available by the time I order. Great work, Thanks. Jim

Very nicely done! Congratulations on another quality part for the SL-C bunch!
Yos, are you paying attention?

Wow. I would imagine that this gives you a nice smooth finish for the interior upholstery to be installed onto. Very Nice!

Do you give up much head room since this is laid over the floor and sound deadening products? By the looks of it, this would have to be installed before the body goes on, correct?...

Cools stuff Fran. That, and a nice set of Tillett B5's and you have a very nice OEM look!

Mike

The tub and the body are best installed at the same time...there is a minimal loss of headroom as the seats still attach to the floor of the car...there is a single skin grp panel that sits inside the seatpan and under the seat mounts...
No need for Tillets we have nice new seats too....and they are available in carbon too

Ken Roberts

Supporter
That's really cool!

So to remove or service the fuel tank (if needed) you must remove the body first and then the tub to gain access to that area?

Last edited:
Thanks Lee.
all the guys in the team work hard.

Ken,
I have had to remove truck beds to service fuel tanks
There are many OEM cars that require major removal for servicing them, its sometimes a bugger but thats life.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Can't wait Fran! It looks absolutely wonderful. Will it be fitted with the body or do you think I will have significant adjustments that will be needed? You are making the wait tuff but I know it will be worth it! Beautiful workmanship.

Its a nice piece and will certainly be a bit of a game changer for those that's only gripe was the fact that the beautiful TIG welding was visible....:shocked:...smile

Nice job Fran and you are man of your word. When you say you are going to do something, you do it. Will be looking forward to more pictures with the interior tub in the SL-C .

Nice Fran, I like it. It will really clean up the the interior. don't know if I would want to give up the accessibility to the gas tank and fuel pumps though but it is a nice piece. One could always modify it without much trouble Velcro access panel behind the driver seat would do the trick.

Thanks,

You can access the fuel pumps from the rear of the car...at least you can with all the ones that we have built here, and that's the way its shown in the manual....

There are no fittings on the front of the tank, they are all on the ends so I don't see the reason to need to gain access to the front of the tank unless you want to remove it...and if so then its a larger job regardless.

Last edited:
Manual what manual LOL like Frank Sinatra sang " I did it my way " I stuffed the compartment next to the tank with everything I have no choice now but to go through the rear of the seat area to get at everything as I put a heat shield on the back side to keep it away from the engine and exhaust heat but doesn't mean it wouldn't work with some mods but nice touch Fran I do like this addition to your repertoire of options very cool.
Cheers,

I just caught this thread. That really looks good! I can see that covered in leather or seude. The bottom would have some nice carpets and you have a real production car look.

Amazing Fran. Really first class. I just don't think access to the fuel tank is an issue at all. Check for leaks, bolt in and forget it. I will gladly trade tank access for a kick ass interior.

Back