New UK member

Hello everbody.
My name is Bob and I live in sunny Manchester UK!
I am 0nly 66 so plenty of time to build a GT40?!
I previously ran Teal cars designing and building Alloy bodied Bugatti lookalikes.

http://www.skyblueteal.co.uk/page7.htm

TEAL Cars - inspired by Bugatti - Bob Jones' Teal Album

I will be building the chassis myself.
I have built lots of them but never a GT40.
Time to start on the dream of a lifetime.

I have just recieved the GT Forte set of plans and am going to make a start in the New Year.

Great forum, be prepared for lots of GT40 newbie questions.
Will try not to embarass myself too much!

Regards Bob.

Last edited:

Mike Pass

Supporter
Welcome Bob.
You may be interested to know that we have a thriving group of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club here in Manchester. Unfortunately you have missed this months meeting. We meet up at the Dog Inn in Over Peover (The Dog at Peover - Steeped in the history of the quaint village of Over Peover) on the first Wednesday of every month. We are usually in the back room at the far end of the bar. You are most welcome to come and meet up with everybody. We have a fair collection of GT40 cars of many types now both on the road and in build and there is a lot of knowledge and experience to tap into.
The January meeting however won't be on the first Wednesday of January as we have our area Christmas nosh up on the 10th January at the Dog Inn. Our local area rep is Pete Thompson.
I have sent you a PM through this forum with Pete's contact details and also my own.
Hope to see you soon. BTW a lot of us are even older than you so there is still hope!
Cheers
Mike

Last edited:
Thanks very much Mike.
Great news!
You can expect to see me soon.
Do you have a 40 yourself?
Reading as much on the forum as possible while the sun beats down outside.
Noticed your location so I'm sure you know what I mean!
Regards Bob.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Thanks Bob,
I do have a GTD40. Pic attached of us at the Oulton Park Gold Cup meeting this summer. My car is the Red/Gold Alan Mann style one. Please check the private message I sent you ( see top left of home page) if you haven't done so already.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• Oulton Gold Cup 2014 1.jpg
    Oulton Gold Cup 2014 1.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 210
Back