Newark Kit Car Fesitval 18th & 19th June

The Newark Kit Car Festival is taking place on 18th & 19th June at the Newark & Notts Showground. GT40 Club have designated parking space reserved outside the Main exhibition hall - Stand 4a if anyone would like to attend.

If anyone would like info please let me know.

Regards

Paul C.

Paul,
thanks for the info re Newark Kit Car Show, I will attend both days as this event is quite local for me, will be in the GTD as my new Tornado TS40 is not quite ready (paint and trim).
see you there.:thumbsup:
John.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Martin Gough and myself visited the show yesterday. It was a bit quiet and spread out and did not seem to be up there with the Stoneleigh version. The only GT40 club member John Oxborough was there with his very smart pale blue GTD right outside the main hall and had a constant crowd of fans photographing and asking endless questions. It was very much the star of the show and was looking very very crisp and clean and a credit to his standard of work and presentation. Sunday is a more popular day so there should be a bigger turnout of GT40s and generally. We had a good day out and in addition to the Spitfire display we found a food stall selling the best home made pork pies I have ever eaten.
Having had my car on display at many "events" I was quite taken by a sign on display on one of the stalls which read " Look but don't touch, as a smack in the mouth often offends!" Classy. Anyway here are some pics of John doing his bit for Britain, GT40ness and the club and maybe picking up a bit of work as well.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• NKCS5W.jpg
    NKCS5W.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 229
  • NKCS3W.jpg
    NKCS3W.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 235
  • NKCS2W.jpg
    NKCS2W.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 224
Hi all,
Paul came to the show today with his smart Tornado so the GT40 display doubled in size. The visitor numbers were down on previous years but this is still good event, many enquiries were made about the cars and club membership so it turned out to be an enjoyable weekend.
It was good to see Mike Pass and Martin Gough make the trip over from the northwest, last seen heading back in Martins trusty Volvo estate heavily laden with pork pies!
John.

Back