Noise tomorrow (I think)

I was sickened to note on the Work Order that this is going into a sandrail:mad:, but that's just me.
When we run it, I'll post.
IMG_0005.jpg

Sorry for the duplicate image-CRS Syndrome...

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

It's done but sorry, it won't run today. Both dynos are in use and the Hemi is being tested on the third. I'll post Monday.

PS. I weighed this 460 at 405 pounds as you see it with oil in.
IMG_0007.jpg

Last edited:
No noise yet-sorry again. We were waiting for the customer's headers and when they arrived, we found they are very small and with short collectors. We need to make cone reducers to fit our out pipes and some small parts. Herewith:
IMG_0001-1.jpg

Im all for burnouts, sand or asphalt.

The only time I ever cringe is watching those drag boats flip over and the motor is gone. I don't think Ive ever seen a wrecker boat pulling up a motor from Ole' Davey Jones Locker.

Well, Noise Yesterday actually...
IMG_0003.jpg

Paul runs the valves after warm-up.
The numbers speak for themselves-405 pounds, 668HP. Torque starts at 575 at 3500 RPM:
dyno_sheet.jpg

Now the latest news: We plan to build this CHI head, Limited Edition combination using the 8.2 deck aluminum block when those become plentiful in hopefully six to eight weeks. That will be a 375 cubic inch, 8.2 deck with solid roller and most likely our 870, 4150. I suspect it wiil weigh between 355 (the weight of our 9.025 Deck, Motown all-aluminum) and 375 pounds. GTs and Cobras will benefit from that. The Man O'War block is beefier than the Motown (which has withstood 1100HP).
Using the power-to-displacement ratio of the 460 (1.45:1) as a guide, the 375 should make upwards of 540HP. That remains to be seen, but it will be fun.

Tom,
Not as yet for several reasons. We're waiting for Fel Pro to finish our custom head and intake gaskets. These heads are truly for track-only race builders. We will sell them predominantly with no valve job. Currently, only sheet metal intakes will fit them but there is a cast intake in the works in the aftermarket.
Also we'd have to build a radically different engine combo from our N/A main line, Limited and Drag stuff. We will sell these (and hopefully our blocks) to the guys with 20+ pound boost applications.
Our 18 Degree heads and the CHI's seen here are ideal for big-power, dual purpose projects.

Mike Pass

Supporter
That's a real transaxle shredder Chas! A GT40 with that in it would burn some rubber. What is the full spec of this build and also what would be the cost of a motor with this spec? 575 ft.lbs of torque at 3,500rpm .....over here in the UK we would need two Rover V8 motors in tandem to get that! I have also had 3 litre V6 motors that weighed more than 405 lbs. Top stuff.
Cheers
Mike

Mike,
As always, thanks for the kind words. I'm posting the product page link but first a word about the data. The iron block version is # 102081, this aluminum version has the "A" suffix after the part number. You will see that both are "only" rated at 625HP and 610LbFt. yet you see 668HP on that sheet above. The reason is that Bill is very conservative about our power ratings. After we've built several engines of a spec, and have a broader base of information we "lie":eek: (in a good way) so that no one ever receives an engine that doesn't make it's rating. As a marketing guy I would love to publish bigger numbers. However, our experience is if we advertise the highest numbers all the time, and a guy got one that "only" made-say, 660, we'd get a call and be villified. The Limited Editions with our Man O'War heads regularly make 625 to 640 (on a 600 rating) and these CHI gems are easily 30HP more. (rated 625).
I'm really anxious to see what the 8.2 Deck version will do at 375 inches.
The specs you can find by clicking "Build Sheet" and the price-well first give you wallet an anesthetic, and then strap on your seatbelt...:)
Herewith:
Man O'War 460 Cleveland Limited Edition Complete Crate Engine

A post over on Club Cobra has produced the following result.
Club Cobra / GT40s.com members:​
After a discussion with our National Sales Manager, I can present the following pricing plan on this 460 CHI Limited Edition all aluminum. We are currently offering a $500 rebate program on our Windsor headed version, (#102075 and 102075A) in both iron and aluminum.​
He has agreed to extend this rebate to this engine (#102081 and 102081A)
Now here’s the hard part: we have 2 sets of CHI heads in inventory. If there is interest we will build them in either iron or aluminum blocks. The major problem is that John at CHI in Australia does not send out large batches quickly.
These are truly Limited Editions and the wait for parts is greater than our other engine lines.
If there is interest, we will put up a link to our rebate form with the details of purchase.
If there is “Group Buy” interest, I will see if we can improve the terms further-but no guaranties.

Back