non relative but curious

I am a die hard fan of the GT-40 and have a little nest egg ready to be cracked open for such a venture but I am also open to other manufacturers representations of personal favorites....Such as the Porsche 550 Spyder, 356, and Lambo Countach.

The first two are an easy find and at reasonable prices with exact specifications and an original look...but the Lambo Countach is another story, most replica manufacturers that I have encountered are "off" in one way or another. However through my extensive research I discovered Countess Mouldings in New Zealand, not only is the dollar strong there but I can have from what I see, the best damn replica I have seen to date....and in turn key form for a paltry 40 thousand US. Does anyone in this forum have any experience with this company? Or perhaps have heard anything in regards to them? Any info in most appreciated.....Now be kind I realize this isnt GT-40 related, and to make up for this off topic thread I can impart my extensive research in the GT-40 field on any newbies that need info...but just curious if anyone has heard of this company.

Click here for the link

Thanks in advance for anyones assistance here

Clay Wagner

Well there is always the option to putting in a BMW 750 V-12 for a bit more money and perhaps a tad more authenticity....with a Racing Dynamics Chip no less.

I have always thought that a car designed in italy with a japanese or german motor and assembled or manufactured in New Zealand would be the best bargain...and it appears to be?

What is the market like for early Countachs these days? They are two generations old (BIG generation gaps there) now so it should be approaching "ripe"...I would think.

well apparently if I wanted a real one, they can be had with low mileage for about 55K and up. From an aesthetic appearance the older I feel look better ('79 to about '85) however the engines improved considerably in the late eighties....but then they got vent and side skirt happy and made them look like Pininfarina was on crack for a while.

Well the kit of course would be considerably lighter. And with Turnbull Engineering doing the chassis, their ford racing heritage attests to the performance. In fact this Countess could easily out perform a real one from what I gather.

Kinda Tempting

Ron Earp

Admin
Check on AutoTraderOnline where there was one for $45,000, $49,000, and $55,000. Not as high as I thought.

R

Back