One hell of a strong ad!

If I had a child between 8 and 20, I would make sure that they saw that video! Meth is super addictive and severely life altering, in both appearance and moral issues. The video does not distort the consequences of doing meth, it is that bad! Some evil stuff.

unless you buy the good kind...

The good kind? Is that the one with 4 wheels or the other kind with wings?

Seriously - Some years ago I answered an ad in the recyckler and arrived at a regular suburban home. The young man who owned the bike was the stereo type addict - missing teeth, bad skin and skinny as a skeleton.
A little later his roommate came out to the garage and then a girl. They all looked alike with maybe 8 teeth between them. You could tell the girl was once totally hot and she invited us to saturday's laquer thinner party.
Yep, when the money for meth runs out you sniff laquer thinner.
They told us about the bikes they once had. The other guy had recently sold his knuckle and now the only thing of value left was the advertised Triumph motorcycle.
Meth is the same burden on whites as Crack was to the black community in the nineties. I am told that it is especially bad in rural america.
Sad really.

unfortunately, if it is not meth , it is heroin, or alcohol, or coke, or vicadin, or oxycontin, or .... it is a medicated world. It makes me wonder what everyone is running from.

Yep, everywhere you go in rural Texas, you will see signs of this growing epedemic. I dated a gal many years ago that was raised in a small farming and ranching town. I asked her what it was like growing up in such a small community. She told me that teens are bored to death and the only fun they had was having lots of sex and consumming great amounts of booze. That was the recreational outlet for these communities other than friday night football.
Now we move ahead 30 years and we have drugs replacing the booze and they are still having lots of sex with multiple partners. Someone tell me how to get these kids off the merry-go-round.
Garry

I think kids need to have something interesting going on in their lives. I was by no means an angel, but helping someone with a project like we have would have peaked my interest. Kids today don't use their brains for much. Did you ever see a kid today trying to make change without a means to calculate? Their language skills also leave something to be desired. The schools take a large amount of our tax dollars and don't teach much. Everyone is always yelling that the schools need more money, and they probably do, but something has gone off the tracks in American education. When I was in school (many moons ago) we had dress codes. You had to wear a sport jacket, suit, or dress better on fridays. How the hell can anyone concentrate with butts and boobs hanging out. When we screwed up, there were consequences. If a parent reprimands a child today, they can be arrested. Teachers reprimanded us more than parents do to their kids today. I wasn't good as a kid because I was a great kid, I was good because the consequence was a strap on the butt. It wasn't a life scarring event, it was a learning event. My Dad always let us plead our case, we were most always guilty, kneel in front of the toilet and get 5 wacks on the butt with a strap. No personal injury, just a lesson. Dad never spanked us when he was mad, always cooled down and sat us on his knee after and told us how much it hurt him to do this. I understood this when I had a child, it does hurt you more than the child. Can you imagine the armed forces without rules, consequences, and disipline? Our kids need structure. Nothing bothers me more than going into a restaurant and having some oblivious parent with a screaming kid. That's why most animals eat their young!

It seems the world is spinning faster and people need more and more excitement these days - attention spans are shorter and people just can't live with boredom it seems. Grab it now before it is gone - even before you know the consequences of the grab. Is it the media- movies, tv shows, celebrities that teach us this? or is it parents - letting their kids get ehat they want when they want it that fuels it.

I see parents lately that ask their children to make the decisions for the family - what do you want for dinner? where do you want to live? where do you want to go to school? I have friends who just made a major life change to benefit their 5 year old. I will be curious to see how this only child handles the world after growing up with parents that serve him (instead of teching him how best to survive and prosper in this crazy place). Lack of respect? Get what they want? I wonder what the long term effects are?

Sorry for the rant - I just don't get it....

Back