Options, Upgrades and Add-ons

Michael Fling

Supporter
Maybe this thread is already there and I simply cannot find it? If so, my bad. I was hoping to find a place that people could post factory options, upgrades, and other parts/things that we as builders have added. it is a thread that builders can go to to look at build options.

Literally the day after I finished modifying my rear clam (I am not using the window) and adding vents into the solid clam along with 2 NACA ducts, i saw the post of the carbon fiber vents available from RCR. Really bummed me out. so as per Will's response, I went to www.public.slc.wiki.

Under "Factory Options" are listed:

Transaxle

IMG_4315-1.jpg

Brakes

Interior Tub

IMG_4157.jpg

Penski Shocks

IMG_5475.jpg

Track Day Side Impact Bars
Chassis Mods
Turn Key race Cars
Track Day Suspension
Carbon Fiber Window Vents

A dollar short and a day late. :furious:

Oh well... I decide it could be useful if we listed an explanation about our add ons, where to purchase them etc. I tend to get on the forum daily bit I go to the wiki very seldom. So, I felt this could be a good place for everyone to show us your latest option, upgrade or add-on!
Here are a few things I have found useful for my build:

1.A nice faceplate from Vintage Air:

IMG_6646.jpg

491200RUA 4 knob control panel should work with our application.

http://www.vintageair.com/Instructions2013/904912-RUA.pdf

Knob 1 and 2- wiring that is inside the 2 knobs with the plastic housing
Knob 3- ECV
Knob 4- Thermostat

2. Electric Doors as per the "Master" Allan. Be sure to see his you tube videos on the doors and everything else https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zakari+3030 :

photo-6-1.jpg

39A standard left hand and right hand
5 6960T61 4 Each Super-swivel Ball Joint Rod End, 3/8"-24 Rh Male Thread, 3/8" Id, 1-3/8"l Thread
6 8982K46 1 Each Multipurpose 6061 Aluminum, 90 Deg Angle, 1/4" Thick, 6" X 6" Legs, 4' Length
7 84945K113 1 Each Self-lubricating Uhmw Polyethylene Sheet, 1/4" Thick, 12" X 12" Sheet
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FYUYQ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: AutoLoc LAMB Linear Actuator Mounting Bracket: Automotive[/ame]
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CIFNB6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: AutoLoc KL800 8 Function Keyless Entry: Automotive[/ame]
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SSYXW0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&p]Amazon.com: AutoLoc MOTORCT2 2 Channel Motor Control Unit: Automotive[/ame]
These are the controllers you need:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SSYXW0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: AutoLoc MOTORCT2 2 Channel Motor Control Unit: Automotive[/ame]

3.Chassis Heat Deflection

Reflect a Gold from DEI

IMG_4780.jpg

4. e stopp... works awesome. It seems it was designed just for this car!

E-Stopp Brake

IMG_5472.jpg

5.Accusump

IMG_5393.jpg

Summit Racing has good prices on them...

6.Oil Cooler:

If using an Accusump in conjunction with an oil cooler, the attached plumbing is recommended. 8AN lines will suffice, but 10AN lines are recommended. It is important that the Accusump "T" after the oil cooler. In this scheme, oil travels out the engine via a low profile adapter from Improved Racing part #EGM-106,
Oil Cooler Adapters | Improved Racing. It travels to a remote 4 port thermostat Mocal OT2, BAT, Inc. - MOCAL Oil Coolers . Oil will circulate back into the engine when the thermostat is closed. This diverts oil from the cooler when it is below 180 degrees. When above 180 degrees, the thermostat opens and oil travels to the oil cooler Setrab 625. It then travels back into the engine. Because the Accusump is plumbed before the remote thermostat, it always carries an appropriate pressure for proper operation. This scheme also ensures that the Accusump is plumbed after the oil cooler.

IMG_5266.jpg

7. Short Hub for removable steering wheel:RACINGLAB-67298 from Racinglab.com

photo_3-7.jpg

8. A Simple Dead Man Pedal: From O Reileys

IMG_5644.jpg

9. Lift Kit- from RCR

IMG_5407.jpg

Michael Fling

Supporter
Wow... Lead Balloon. Can you say "Laid an Egg". Thought is was a good idea. :lipsrsealed: I figured it would as least get as much traction as response to an AN wrench. My wife tells me it wasn't the 1st time I was wrong!

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
When it comes to non-RCR parts for the SL-C, the possibilities are endless, starting with the engine. Rather hard to narrow it down without re-posting entire build threads. Cliff notes version of my added parts:

• LS376, controller, oil pan
  • Alternator
  • Starter
  • Exhaust system
  • Fasteners
  • Carpet
  • Rollbar padding
  • Soundproofing, insulation, weatherproofing
  • Oil pressure, fuel pressure, voltage, and transmission temp gauges
  • Switches
  • Honda S2000 start button
  • Rearview/backup cameras and monitor
  • Speakers, amp, and graphic equalizer
  • On-board battery charger
  • battery and battery box
  • power door locks
  • Bypass style heater valve
  • Interior lighting
  • Climate control panel/switches/knobs
  • Air vents
  • Interior door handles
  • Fuel system
  • Radiator hoses, clamps, mounts, etc
  • Tires
  • Seatbelts
  • Seats (eventually)
I'm sure there's other stuff I forgot...

Michael Fling

Supporter
No doubt... my hope was to show "things" that have been done to the car, Where to order them, part #'s, website, etc. I thought that if these items were included, people could go to the thread as a reference.

Ex. Carbon Fiber window vents, from RCR (www.rcr.com].

Mike

I think this a great idea. I will receive my new RCR in about 3 weeks, so knowing and benefitting from all the other lessons learned before me would be outstanding. Having access to the best solutions and options even for the little things like seals, mounting hardware is every bit as critical as the big stuff.

I already see some good ideas from your pictures. BTW, what type of clamp is that on your radiator (?) pipes?

How do you want to proceed?

Mike

I think this a great idea. I will receive my new RCR in about 3 weeks, so knowing and benefitting from all the other lessons learned before me would be outstanding. Having access to the best solutions and options even for the little things like seals, mounting hardware is every bit as critical as the big stuff.

I already see some good ideas from your pictures. BTW, what type of clamp is that on your radiator (?) pipes?

How do you want to proceed?

Just a reminder- we already have a wiki, with just such a section. Check out public.slc.wiki and look at the Factory Options, as well as the list of production changes over the years.

Back