Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Don't have the code offhand but can dig it up P1010017.JPGP1010012.JPG

Attachments

• P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 477
Elsewhere on here i have found that the colour was just called toolroom blue... now would that be ford toolroom blue of the 60s, or aircraft toolroom blue, being as Sheby was based at an airport?

Googling toolroom blue gives every shade imaginable :confused:

no idea Spike, seeing as your in the UK, would it be possible to get some samples of the color you think it may be, then take them to visit an original chassis at a museum or event and compare. Trying to compare from photos is very hard, as changes in light or white balance of the digital image can often and very easily change the shade that's visible.

I'm going to go with Ford dark competition blue because its a ford color and i like it. Its close to the colors in the above photo and available as an engine paint in a pressure pack.

Ryan

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
GT40103 had a blue chassis when I saw it in person years ago, but I suspect it may have been restored since then. The owner at that time, Bill Wonder, said I was looking at the original paint.

Elsewhere on here i have found that the colour was just called toolroom blue... now would that be ford toolroom blue of the 60s, or aircraft toolroom blue, being as Sheby was based at an airport?

Googling toolroom blue gives every shade imaginable :confused:

On a slight tangent:
Pre-war Bugatti race cars are so famous for being light blue that people call the color "Bugatti Blue". But in reality, the color was whatever shade of light blue the local paint supply company had in stock at the time.

Back