P-ayr Products Urethane engine blocks

Beware - rant to follow:

I'm copying the forum on the letter I sent to my credit card company outlining the scam. Basically I saw P-ayr's product that another forum member had bought and had dimensional and alignment questions for the manufacturer. I was assured dimensions and alignment were of the utmost quality. Here's the letter and then and update to follow.

###################################################

I initially called P-ayr because I saw one of their replica engine blocks and wanted more information. I was told the material they use is very similar to hard wood and that the replica engine block is dimensionally correct down to the smallest detail. I thanked them for the info and told them I’d be back.

The second time I called I had concerns about the way separate pieces of the replica block were aligned. Specifically I needed the heads to be properly aligned because I was building something off the heads and their alignment was critical. I was assured the heads would be properly aligned and there was no problem with any dimensions.

When the replica arrived I found the following problems:

1. The material was a soft foam and more like balsa wood than hardwood.
2. The heads were visibly out of alignment. Nothing built off them would be correct.
3. The gasket surfaces, which were also a critical dimension, were violated by threaded inserts sticking out above the surface.
4. The surfaces that were supposed to be flat were actually domed.

It would cost more than twice the amount of the replica engine block to repair the problems that I was assured didn’t exist. That is if one could find a dimensionally correct surface to start the repairs.

I called P-ayr the following Monday after I received the replica and was put off for a couple days. Finally I spoke to Dean who elaborated on his problems shipping things to Indonesia and the grief he encountered when a man AND his wife bought a block and they wanted to return one. I told Dean that still doesn’t account for the fact that all the things he described to me was not what was delivered. I offered to pay the return shipping if he’d just cancel the purchase. He agreed and then disagreed and wanted an additional 15% restocking fee. I told him I didn’t feel I was responsible for the restocking fee since the product was no where near as described. He told me fine, take it up with my credit card company.

I have included copies of the return shipping invoice as requested.

########################################################

So I checked the UPS tracking number today and he has not accepted shipment. The POS block is on it's way back to me. My credit card company says to pick it up and he is not only out the $400 he's also out the block if he doesn't come up with the shipping costs to return it again.

Helluva way to do business.

"They're all liers, cheats and thieves" "Guess I picked the wrong day to quit amphetimines"

P-ayr scam update:

P-ayr never disputed my claims to my credit card company. They simply tried to slip an unauthorized charge on my account without it being noticed months later.

Dean, is there a reason your company is based in Leavenworth? Couldn't get out of town after your release?

The entire sad story is at: P-ayr Engine Block Scam Page

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Yo Mark, like maybe the labor's cheap there..and they like a break from making license plates. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back