Prescott Hillclimb Video Clip

G

For those of you that don't know, Prescott hillclimb, near Cheltenham, is one of the most beautiful and historic motor sport venues in the UK. The Prescott etate was purchased by the UK Bugatti Owners Club in 1938 and they converted the drive into a purpose built hillclimb course.
There weren't many race tracks around then, most of them, like Goodwood, appeared after the second world war when the perimeter tracks of disused wartime airfields were used for racing.
Many young hopefuls cut their teeth in hillclimbing and Stirling Moss (Cooper 500)and Graham Hill (Lotus XI) both competed there as young men.
The venue is still owned by the B.O.C. and has 6 or so events each year.
We have just put a video on our Club site of my run in the "Classic" event for you to download. You must like them, the Isle of Man clip has been downloaded over 250 times already this month!
What's next? How about a downloadable poster giving a panoramic view of all seven cars that competed in the Isle of Man. Watch this space!

GTD website videos

[ June 20, 2002: Message edited by: Andrew Fordyce ]

G

hey Andrew,

Is this the one where you do a 360 in the Esses?

Malcolm
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

G

Good Grief! I'm not sure who has the greatest ability to remember my little mistakes from years ago, you or the good Mrs. Fordyce.

I still wake up at night remembering all that Armco flying by the window and waiting for the crunch that, thankfully, never came.

For 2002 I had a cunning plan, I put a post- it note on the steering wheel with "REMEMBER THE ESSES" writ large upon it.

Seems to have worked, will you be trying it for Fallow at Loton Park?
wink.gif

[ June 23, 2002: Message edited by: Andrew Fordyce ]

G

Naturally!

Malcolm

PS remember if you spin at Loton Park you can get an automatic re-run if you say a deer put you off!

Back