Price of gas

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi All,

How's the price of gas these days where you are?

I know our freinds over the pond are paying much more than here. The GT40s a damm quick automobile, capable of passing everything on the road - except a gas station:)

We've seen 1.29/litre here for premiuim, however it's down recently to about 1.09 (about 5.03cdn for a US gallon) and we make the stuff here!

This is Angelo with his car out for a run after the engine was freshened up. Goes like a bat out of you know where...

What are you paying?

Cheers

Attachments

• 67153-AngGas1.jpg
    67153-AngGas1.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 255

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Around here at the moment 95.9p per litre
At 1.87 USD to GBP that is .....

FAR TOO EXPENSIVE!

Or USD1.79

Hell they even blamed the hurricane in New Orleans for our petrol rising!
Now call me crazy but I am sure they do not refine it in USA and then ship the stuff to the UK!

Ian

'kin 'ell Frank. Yoo may ave anserd a big problem geddin me to skool in de mawnins. Ow fkin fast e went after e pharted? proberble broked the fkin land speed rekord, avter orl, issa big enuf funnal.

Lookout Frust II, is orl i kan sae.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Frank, Mark,

That's seriously funny shit LOL. Are either of you guys comedy writers, hahahah... great stuff, thanks

Howard Jones

Supporter
$3.20ish for 91 octain cal-li-for-nia commie green inviro piss water. I ALWAYS rev it up REAL LOUD next to the hybreds and battery cars. Pisses off the berkley pinkos tree huggers, and makes me smile. I only wish I could wear my cowboy hat in my GT40.

That would be here it Northern Calif. San Francisco Bay Area.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Ian !!

In the middle of Lower Michigan, it is $2.49 for reglar and $2.68 for 93 octane. It is still a bunch of crap ( the prices).
Regards Brian

Hi Guys, Sounds like you guys have got it good, its 1.60 per litre in New Zealand for unleaded 98, just seem to stay at home now get lots done on the car.

Best Regards
GraemeS

Hi Guys. The price is going up and down like a toilet seat here. When I filled up in the photo 91 octane (premium) was 1.079 a litre. There is a 14 cent mark up to 94 (ultra) over regular. Today regular is 92.5, 94 is 104.5. That would put 98 at least at 1.185 if we could get it. How much better would it run and perform with 98 over 91?

Fuel prices here are around AU$1.12 for ULP, normally an extra 6c for Premium. And nearly the same jump again for 98.

Prices have been dropping of late, we have had prices around AU$1.30 mark for ULP not so long ago.

Ian
Seems like here in the U.S. we've had the luxury of low fuel prices for a long time, and it was taken for granted by most. Now everything has caught up and I recently heard a rumor of natural gas going up here approx. 70%. Seems like there is no cheap way to go, and I hope this doesen't put a serious dent in the hobby as most of my business and my friends revolve around the automotive related activities. I have seen prices here jump in leaps from two years ago from around $1.20 gallon to $1.60, then mellow out a while, now we have doubled that easily and softened up a bit. Regular grade is $2.59 here right now with diesel about 10 cents or so higher, but two weeks ago we were at $3.00 plus/gal for regular, with the extremes being in the $3.25 range/gal. I think that we still have the cheapest energy prices here. You guys in the U.K. must drive pretty slow with those prices.
Cheers
Phil

Prices dropping fast now on unleaded at 2.19 unleaded and diesel soaring to $3.25. CRAZY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Back