Problems with the new gt40?

A friend whom I think would know told me Ford has several problems with their new car.
They can't get the door seals right. They leak and dump water into your lap when you open the door.
They are having trouble bleeding the cooling system.
The car overheats.
The rear deck gets so hot the paint blisters.
The big motor is breaking the transmition.
Perhaps they should have spoken to some of us...

I wish them luck in attempting to keep their laps dry while opening the doors during a downpour. Some things were always meant to be.

Hi all
It nice to know they have kept these authentic faults, for that touch of realism
Water in the lap! they should give their pit crew umbrellas

Chris. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Maybe they should have one of the manufactures here build the cars for them!!! hahahaha

What's the problem. These cars are made to be traded not driven. Could be the first car listed on the Chicago futures exchange. Regards

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Norman, I agree, the Ford GTs are going to be "Garage Queens" and speculated on. Sure, a few enthusiasts will buy them to drive and I'd love to meet one on the street or track!

The characteristics of a great race car make for a thrilling road car, when you know that's what you're buying.

When you're stepping up for a new mass produced, federalized, emmision certified, all the bells and whistles car from the second largest car company in the world, you'd expect the doors to seal!! Ford will figure it out and it will be a great car, although I know the replicas' built to the original size and simpler specification will continue to grow in popularity (and more exciting to drive!).

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Will we see some raced in the GT championships against Vipers, Porsches, McClarens etc? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bet all the mods they have to make pushes the weight beyond 1500kgs, its just too heavy for my liking.

Interestingly, I compared the new GT against my MDA on CarTest. Goodbye GT! The sheer weight of the GT means that most of the people who own 40's on this forum will beat a new GT around a track with ease!(but that's another story)

Hope Ford gets it all sorted though.

Regards,

J.P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back