Q. for SLC builders

Getting sorted before chatting with Fran.

I intend running the simple LSA/Ricardo combo in the SLC build (don't need dry sump/power of LS9) so can I ask:

How much room does the LS3 have in front of the engine as the LSA has an extra belt drive (3 Vs 2) and I am unsure how tight that will make things against the chassis/firewall?

How much room is there above the intake manifold below engine cover on the LS3 at the rear?

If I run side exhausts exiting ahead of the rear wheels do I need to have a crossover pipe after the primaries?

Has anyone done a gear selector on the side, I want to run RHD with RHS gear selector and wonder on getting in and out of the car?

How has everyone got around the side windows not opening? Flap or slotted?

And thanks everyone for putting up photo's of their build progress

Supercharged LSA??

I was checking out multiple supercharged options today while at my engine builders...four different varieties.

I have test fitted an LS9 with a Ricardo....couple of tweeks but nothing really major..

I run side exit exhausts ahead of the rear wheels ...no issues..no crossover..but its pretty aggressive sounding and I love it.

RHD RHS NO PROBLEM at all.....the door opening on the SL-C is huge compared to cars like the GT40

I already have a two piece window option available...the lower section does not hinge but is removable...compound curves make it tough to hinge and seal...

Give me a call next week.....I have lots of info for you.

Last edited:
Hi Fran, thanks for all that. I see the TVS 1900 charger is smaller on the Caddy than the LS9 but the intercooler is taller as there is more room under the Caddy bonnet than the ZR1. Was trying to see how much room was left in the LS3 builds, also can't have the intake from the rear but can't see this is a problem.

Still not going to pester you until I have figured out what my build will end up like, what interior to use. Besides the research and pondering is a third of the fun.

Back