RCR 33 track test & chassis setup

You are correct, however, the pedal is much firmer with the valves. I believe if your reservoirs are higher than your calipers you are good. I would leave them out but it really is a personal feel type of decision. The pedal is a lot softer with out them. I like that. If your reservoirs were mounted on the pedals you would need them.

Sorry Fran I was typing as you were posting.

Ron Earp

Admin
I like high and firm pedals. I had the reservoirs mounted above the pedals. Sounds like the residual valves could go but I'll try them. Long pedals start to remind me of brakes going away. We can get that experience on our other race cars, I'd like to not have it on the Lola!

Funny how as you experience more and more your preferences change. I used to want power power power. Now I want brakes brakes brakes. I can go faster with more brakes, always.

Dean this is a great thread and I hope to use the info to set up the Lola. Thanks for posting it.

Ron

Can you give me some tire pressure recommendations? I have been using my tire temp gauge to determine tire pressure. I set them cold to 32lbs and let them heat up. What do you think I should be looking for regarding the temps and their relation to each other across the tire tread?

Ron Earp

Admin
A6/R6 should be about what is shown in the chart below (copied from the Hoosier guys). Adjust your cold pressures to achieve this when hot and naturally you'll find that the track temp will have a lot to do with starting pressures and of course, the track. We keep a log of each track and what we try to get the temps.

1800-2200 lbs 34-37+ hot, 26-31 cold
2200-2600 lbs 35-38+ hot 27-32 cold
2600-3000 lbs 37-41+ hot 27-32 cold
over 3000 lbs 38-43+ hot 27-33 cold

We adjust the suspension to get the temps consistent across the tire once we're close - if we adjust at the track. Hoosier has a nice guide for this and we follow the advice of the guide and the Hoosier guys at the track.

Back