RCR 40 AC evaporator

Has anyone recently installed the (vintage air) AC evaporator in there RCR 40? I was looking for pic's as it is different than what is in the build logs and build manual. It appears to be AC/heat only with no diverter for the defroster.
I am trying to figure out where to mount it and what to fab to make everything work.

one more
will the dash mount on the defroster pockets to structure under the vent or defroster pockets mount thru structure with the main amount of dash on structure

anyone have a built RCR40 near tampa that I could look at to see how this was done?
Thanks
Don

Chuck

Supporter
The AC system installed in my GT was not set up for defrost either. As noted in my blog / book, it delivers air to the dash vents or to the floor, or an combination thereof.

The vent on the dash was originally a fresh air vent fed through the NACA duct just forward the dash.

I don't drive in icing or rainy weather. In 4000 miles have never missed a defroster vent.

Firm believer of "keep it simple"

Dear Don

check out how i did it.

I adjusted the System to deliver everything through the the 3 dashvents. This 3 vents are connected to the distrubution channel, which supplies warm or cold air to side vents and demister grill. Side vents can be closed manualy to increase flow on demister. Highly recommand demister function especialy in high humidity areas like yours. I only cut two holes on the top of the chassis, exactly where the demister opening is positioned and sealed it with foamtape . Other advantages by doing so, the structure of the stiffening tubes of the chassis are not cut, the additional Aluminumpanel adds stiffness, No hoses to be squeezed between dashboard an chassis. nice and clean installation.
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-logs/24525-toms-rcr-40-trackracer-17.html#post281008

Thanks
TOM

Back