RCR and Superformance

That is with hidden AC , paint , standard tires and a six point roll cage,multiple transaxle fitment options as standard.....

Some upgrade options are three choices of tail width for the Mk1, wider rear wheels, race replica paint schemes, fire system,custom headers for race engines....etc etc...

Hi Fran,

Thanks for chiming in.

I am researching a RCR 40, turnkey with a KC363. I do like the wider rear wheel and flares, will want a custom paint scheme as well.

What can you tell me about a street roll cage?

You have a gearbox as well? Griffon? 6-speed?

What other custom bits do you manufacture? What about a side window option that allows me to stick my arm out of it?

Is there room for a couple of speakers and a nav/stereo/iPod interface thingy so I can listen to music on long trips?

I have lower back/tailbone issues and seating comfort is a priority for me particularly the lumbar region. Do you have a seat set up that is flexible/adjustable like an air bladder for the lumbar area?

From my research of RCR I do know you are innovative and resourceful if not downright creative and competant. I am curious to know what kinds of custom bits are available on the RCR40 MKI :thumbsup:

Oh yes and... is the RCR watertight?

William,
We are definately RENTING! ;o) (although he doesnt fly any other flags around that I have seen) He is fun to talk to and knows his the gt biz well. I am sure you will be happy with the product, Scott

Howard Jones

Supporter
Wlliam, Take the time and fly out to see Fran. Have a long conversation with him about your requirements and costs and then deside.

Wlliam, Take the time and fly out to see Fran. Have a long conversation with him about your requirements and costs and then deside.

Thanks Howard. Will do that once I return from Singapore. Been here 2.5 years and am looking to head back to the West soon.

Sounds like if I do my decision will be made.

WQ
I've owned 3 SPF cars since 1998. When considering a GT40 the choice was build or not build. My choice to build is an ERA also made here in the US. Excellent car with correct dimensions, if that is important to you. With so much 'living' going on I determined I didn't have the time (years(I'm slow)) and focus (I study on the subject, hence I'm slow) to bring a car to completion. It has been said many times, that kit cars are only 90-95% completed. So I had my name in the pot for a SPF. I balked when I was called and told send $15k for one of the first lot. I had seen a new show on BBC, TOP GEAR, that compared the FORD GT with a GT40. The host was so tall, his head was 3 inches above the roof line. "Will I fit?" was my question and why I balked. Later I was told I would easy and after setting in one of the cars I did easily.
When a FE427 side-oiler powered MkII became available I was urged to make the purchase as a Spanish F1 person was sniffing at it and would had the car shipped to Spain, never to be back here.
Like my good friend Steve C., I've changed some parts, added parts, and made improvements. Not to the extent Steve has done, but close. My thoughts are these. Buy the car, drive the car and see what you like...make the little changes. If you want to redesign or take it apart (Alan) you can and still drive the car. That is what it is all about with me. Sure I like to just set and look at the car....it is something. Also, it is surprisingly smooth on the highway. All the dealers are here to sell you a car. Make the effort to drive the different cars and get your hands on them. I love to study the car on a lift and spent hours underneath Olthoffs cars before I bought my first car. Just look, drive, and compare before you buy. We owners can tell you what we like and how we made our decision to buy, but you shouldn't make your decision until you get hands-on knowledge of the different cars. It is a large amount of cash.:thumbsup:

WQ
I've owned 3 SPF cars since 1998. When considering a GT40 the choice was build or not build. My choice to build is an ERA also made here in the US. Excellent car with correct dimensions, if that is important to you. With so much 'living' going on I determined I didn't have the time (years(I'm slow)) and focus (I study on the subject, hence I'm slow) to bring a car to completion. It has been said many times, that kit cars are only 90-95% completed. So I had my name in the pot for a SPF. I balked when I was called and told send $15k for one of the first lot. I had seen a new show on BBC, TOP GEAR, that compared the FORD GT with a GT40. The host was so tall, his head was 3 inches above the roof line. "Will I fit?" was my question and why I balked. Later I was told I would easy and after setting in one of the cars I did easily.
When a FE427 side-oiler powered MkII became available I was urged to make the purchase as a Spanish F1 person was sniffing at it and would had the car shipped to Spain, never to be back here.
Like my good friend Steve C., I've changed some parts, added parts, and made improvements. Not to the extent Steve has done, but close. My thoughts are these. Buy the car, drive the car and see what you like...make the little changes. If you want to redesign or take it apart (Alan) you can and still drive the car. That is what it is all about with me. Sure I like to just set and look at the car....it is something. Also, it is surprisingly smooth on the highway. All the dealers are here to sell you a car. Make the effort to drive the different cars and get your hands on them. I love to study the car on a lift and spent hours underneath Olthoffs cars before I bought my first car. Just look, drive, and compare before you buy. We owners can tell you what we like and how we made our decision to buy, but you shouldn't make your decision until you get hands-on knowledge of the different cars. It is a large amount of cash.:thumbsup:

Thanks very much Grady.

How does your SPF drive? What what are the numbers in the FE?

What would your min hp/tq be for a 40?

Back