RCR Club in SoCal

Fran, how 'bout starting a gt40 rcr club in socal? send someone a list of us in socal. we'll get it started.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Did you look at the Frappr, I think we may all be on that, I think BillD and I both are.

http://www.frappr.com/gt40s

Not sure who else, but might be some lurkers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Conrats on the RCR!

Sandy

Scott McDill

Supporter
A club sounds like a great Idea. For some reason here in the US we don't yet have a GT40 club. There are at least two in the UK. Would be a great way to organize meetings, shows, cruises, and just meet others with the same passion for the GT40. In addition some of the specialty car insurance providers give a discount to club members.
At this point I wouldn't limit it to a region or a manufacturer. If there is sufficient interest we could start a thread in the All GT40s section and give it a go.

My GT40 is just finished but I'm still getting a few issues sorted out. I live in San Diego (Del Mar) and I plan on driving it to the Knott's AHA event April 22nd...anyone else going?

see you there. w/o my rcr. said it couldn't be done in time. then it was. can't get it here in time. so i will look at yours! let's meet at the snack bar at noon on sat.or something. Wes.

My car is a BEC (Chassis #3) not an RCR. It has an aluminum-clad space frame. I'll try to post some pictures in the next few days.

bill, i don't have it yet. fran has not told me the #. sent me a picture tho. soon, very soon, how come it always seems longer when you're waiting to rec than trying to send? wes ps: tried to send the photo but it didn"t work?????

Hi all -

Clubs are great for meeting people, sharing ideas / experiences / knowledge and generally having a good time. The RCR looks to be another great but do not limit yourself to only RCR. As editor of the GTD40 Car club mag for the past 5 years I would recommend you keep yourself open to ALL quality marques of GT40, current or otherwise. We may be called the GTD40 Car Club, but we welcome ALL and anyone with an interest in GT40s and with more marques, you'll not run out of copy for the mag.

Make it happen and you could have the largest club of all and possibly some of the biggest parties.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Paul,
I agree...a multi make club is far better....cross polination of collective ideas is great.
We are all into this for the love of the cars whatever brand and this forum is proof positive....

Any takers of the positions needed for running a US based club?????

Besides Paul needs an excuse to come across the pond for some cold beer!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Paul-
Good idea. A Southern California GT40 Club or GT40s of So. Ca would be a good idea. However, we don't have a lot of GT40s on the road here yet.

Yep. open to all. the more the merrier! so gt40 fans, get ready to meet at Knott's. let's hover around the snack bar on Sat @ noon (there he goes again with that noon thing). bring pad, pencil, or cards so we can exchange email addresses. for those that can''t make it, we will post something later.

[ QUOTE ]

Besides Paul needs an excuse to come across the pond for some cold beer!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there's an offer I can't refuse.... As and when I finally get round to visiting the states again, consider it a date! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'm already a member of Tri County Cobras (Santa Barbara, Los Angeles and Ventura Counies). We meet every other month. There is one GT40 (ERA) but the rest are Cobras.

Back