RCR Prototype - A different look

Fellow Gearheads,

I cant leave well enough alone. All my life I've been drawing cars (ok so mostly as a kid). When Fran showed Mike's drwing of the P car I said hummmm? Trying to drive that unit on the street would be pretty difficult for me, the nose being so long I would break it off before I left my own driveway.

So off I went to get me something I've wanted for some time, a sketch pad for my computer.

I am sure Fran was more concerned with aero downforce on the nose than driveway clearance but since I am a child of the IMSA GTP era I tend to lean towards the 'cab forward' look. I also like the visual balance to be biased to the rear of the design. So I raised and shortened the nose and thickened the rear well arches along with meatier rear tires.

What do you guys thinkof the drawing? I've got a few variations but its a pain to upload.

As Fran can attest I was asking him what would be involved to build my own design - well I think this RCR P body as produced by Fran gets close enough to where I can modify it to get the car in the picture (a look Mr. picky me can be happy with). One I see the car in a few weeks I'll now better if its possible to do. Hope to talk to some of you at the show.

No disrespect to Mike and his original drawings, as you can see I used the bulk of his work and hacked out my changes!

Rob

Attachments

• RCR - P 8ss.jpg
    RCR - P 8ss.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 732

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Just wait and see the real thing........now leave well alone ...and get back on that bike and earn some prize money..you are going to need it....

Look forward to seeing you at Carlisle

Back