RCR updated their site!

Fran,
More details on the 917 please. Will we be able to order it complete with engine/transaxle?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Brenden...

I have not had time to add the P4 pics or the Mk4 and Mk2 RCR40's....it will be done soon .....promise..

We have been busy reprofiling the rear end of the P4 to make it look better balanced and more like an original. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Bill, I agree with you. I'm still saving up. I don't know what I more more, the gt40 or 917.
Right now I would order the 917.

Fran, have you come up the the final price yet?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Brenden.

the 917 will be mid to high 50k region as a roller package with gelcoat finish ...but very very accurate....

I dont know how big of a guy you are but the 917 being original in dimension and engineering has a small cockpit..

Great work Fran and Graham!

Your tireless creation of new products is inspirational, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else is on your drawing board...

Congratulations Fran and Graham!

Your 917K is truely breathtaking and IMHO, is a monumental achievement for this industry. Unfortunately I'm 6'1'' with a long torso. Now where's that saw... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Good luck Fran with the continued development of your 917K and your partnership with GTA racing.

Regards,
Rob

PS. I know this might be a silly question, but just how common are Porsche flat 12 engines, and what would be suitable alternatives? Thanks.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Fran,

Are you aware that the original manufacturer of the Turner 917 car is www.kraftwerkz.net.au (I believe). I doubt that he would be happy with the fact that all his outstanding work was being copied. I suggest you contact him. The owners name is Andrew Kelor and he has a factory here in Melbourne. I would be happy to put you in contact with him if you send me a PM.

Please be careful as I have heard BOTH sides of this story.

Best wishes,

Robert

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Robert..
thank you for your observation....

We have not copied the LMK or anything from it....

We are using Grahams car to evaluate new components that will be fitted to RCR cars.... OURS is an original from DAVID PIPER and our chassis is as per original with NO square tubes as the LMK uses in places.....I agree the LMK is a great car but it is incorrect in dimension .....we are doing nothing more than use it as a mule(a very nice mule non the less)...as did Mclaren with Ultima.

GTA's relationship and business dealings with LMK are no ones concern but theirs.!!

[ QUOTE ]
Robert..
thank you for your observation....

We have not copied the LMK or anything from it....

We are using Grahams car to evaluate new components that will be fitted to RCR cars.... OURS is an original from DAVID PIPER and our chassis is as per original with NO square tubes as the LMK uses in places.....I agree the LMK is a great car but it is incorrect in dimension .....we are doing nothing more than use it as a mule(a very nice mule non the less)...as did Mclaren with Ultima.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one Fran. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Robert and all,

The story of my car has been gone over before and i do not intend to relay it all again,

Look up the past posts...

Now, however, i am going to let you all know, in no uncertain terms exactly what i and Fran ARE doing with the RCR 917 so as to stop you, Robert and any other doubting or nitpicking people, coming out with such inaccuracies.

Over the last three years or more since getting my fingers burnt by the Australian link i have with my own knowledge and long term contacts and friendships been adding to my existing store more original parts, drawings, etc to not only rebuild my existing 917 but also to supply Fran with 100% accurate patterns in rediness for RCRs production. I have also carried out some extensive track testing of hundreds of parts and modifications, as well as, i believe being the first replica 917k, ever to competitively race. The endurance race at Spa in September, was highly important to our long term plans, especially with the feedback from Harold Deitch and Willi Kausen, on top of that already given by my friend David Piper and Mark Finburgh.
I also have had for some years, the full approval and backing of Gulf Oil UK, and both my GT40 and the 917s have their full support. So we are not just a pretty face in all of this.I have spent a small fortune on racing over the years and this current 917 work does not come cheap.You will all benefit from it though with superb quality and sound workmanship from Fran and his colleagues.

So, whilst, as i,ve said in the past, i take my hat off to Keiller for his design, it is no where near accurate. The RCR 917 is as the originals in look, dimensions and soundness. The rest is up to the builder. These cars are phenominal, totally awe inspiring and very,very, very quick. Are you brave enough to own and run one ???

If so RCR will supply you with one later in 2006. The reason for going with Fran in the USA is also simple. The demand over there is far greater and easier on regulations than here in Europe and he does not seem to have as many time wasters as i have had over here. The quality of his body moulders and engineering skills are more cost effective over there as well.

Let this please be an end to the sniping and if any one has any serious enquiries i,ll be only too pleased to give advice to them about the RCR917.

Graham Turner @ GTA/Gulf Oil UK Racing.

Wait, so when you go to the link which says "click here for RCR917 pics" that is not the RCR917 but the LMK 917? Or is it the RCR one? Sorry the past couple posts messed with my head.

Brendan R,

You have a mixture of original and much modified LMK. Please READ previous posts and you will understand why we are doing this project properly.

The RCR is accurately based on my personal hands on knowledge of four original cars( Martini, Gulf and privateer), although i must emphasize that no two 917s were ever identical, even in the same team.

GTA

Back