Rear axles/CV joints

I'm a newbie to mid engined cars. I did a search for CV joints and axles and didn't find anything to help me. Here is my questions, but first my setup.

I am using a ZF transaxle and C4 hubs. What do I need to connect the two? I did a search on Google and found a company called Raxles. But the information still baffles me.

63024-slave-cylinder.jpg

Any help is wonderful.

Cheers
Bill D

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Bill,
the new CV stub axles are nearing cohmpletion(Rick the rotor hat CNC guy you met has been busy) ....4140 and induction hardened with rolled splines for extra strength.
I have been working hard with OEM suppliers and manufacturers to find off the shelf axles and prevent the need for expensive custom parts...this will be a benefit to more than just RCR customers....it will solve one of the major issues of hopping between 016/G50 and ZF transaxles.

I understand the axles. But what is used to connect the end that attaches to the ZF? And is there a CV on the other end that attaches to the C4 hub? And where do you get the CVs?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Bill,
a standard ZF has a four bolt flange requiring an adapter and a modified ZF may have flanges as you have pictured...these just bolt to a CV joint....
the stub axle I mentioned has a CV flange and a GM spline to accept the Corvette wheel bearing....hence my search for a standard length driveshaft from an OEM supplier with a CV on each end that will meet the needs of many applications

I wish I could see a picture of a ZF with the axlxes/CV joints installed so I could better understand what it is. Being a newbiew to this type of setup is very frustrating.

Thanks
Bill D

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Bill - Here are a pair of that found on the Ultima site for your viewing enjoyment!

Sandy

Attachments

• 73472-dshafts.jpg
    73472-dshafts.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 344
Back