Rear axles/CV joints

I'm a newbie to mid engined cars. I did a search for CV joints and axles and didn't find anything to help me. Here is my questions, but first my setup.

I am using a ZF transaxle and C4 hubs. What do I need to connect the two? I did a search on Google and found a company called Raxles. But the information still baffles me.

63024-slave-cylinder.jpg

Any help is wonderful.

Cheers
Bill D

Bill,
the new CV stub axles are nearing cohmpletion(Rick the rotor hat CNC guy you met has been busy) ....4140 and induction hardened with rolled splines for extra strength.
I have been working hard with OEM suppliers and manufacturers to find off the shelf axles and prevent the need for expensive custom parts...this will be a benefit to more than just RCR customers....it will solve one of the major issues of hopping between 016/G50 and ZF transaxles.

I understand the axles. But what is used to connect the end that attaches to the ZF? And is there a CV on the other end that attaches to the C4 hub? And where do you get the CVs?

Bill,
a standard ZF has a four bolt flange requiring an adapter and a modified ZF may have flanges as you have pictured...these just bolt to a CV joint....
the stub axle I mentioned has a CV flange and a GM spline to accept the Corvette wheel bearing....hence my search for a standard length driveshaft from an OEM supplier with a CV on each end that will meet the needs of many applications

I wish I could see a picture of a ZF with the axlxes/CV joints installed so I could better understand what it is. Being a newbiew to this type of setup is very frustrating.

Thanks
Bill D

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Bill - Here are a pair of that found on the Ultima site for your viewing enjoyment!

Sandy

Attachments

• 73472-dshafts.jpg
    73472-dshafts.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 345
Back