Rear clamshell measurement

Devin

Supporter
I’ve got a rear clamshell of unknown origin (maybe KVA?) that needs some trimming to mate with the rear profile of the spider/roof. Can those of you that have completed cars or completed your final body fitting tell me what the dimension is from the clamshell edge to the rear glass flange opening (along the centerline of the car).

Please see the attached picture for clarification of what I’m looking for.

Thanks in advance!
F59EC49E-CE58-49AF-BD32-8CD95787B628.jpeg

Devin

Supporter
My CAV dimension is 4.45 inches.
Thanks Steve!

...would like a couple of other inputs from different manufacturers/kits also since I have supposedly an original car splash model roof panel too. Basically I’m doing a scratch build and have pieces and parts from different origins and will be graphing the spider together from smaller splash moldings so need measurements to make things as close as possible.

Devin

Supporter
Thanks guys! This definitely gives me a range to work with. Mine right now is 5.5” and know I needed to trim to get the spider angle to match up. Luckily I have too much material to work with in that area versus not enough. Interestingly enough the height of the area below the side duct inlets needs to be taller to match the spider and door style lines.

Oh the fun begins, even before I start welding up the C5/C6 based chassis ;)

sounds like fun, Have you got a build diary Devin?
i can get a measurement of my untrimmed KVA based rear clam shell a bit latter for you.

regards Ryan

Devin

Supporter
sounds like fun, Have you got a build diary Devin?
i can get a measurement of my untrimmed KVA based rear clam shell a bit latter for you.

regards Ryan
I haven’t yet but will start one a bit later as I have a Cobra to finish first while sourcing a few more parts.

Any measurements are certainly welcomed and appreciated.

Cheers
Devin

mine (KVA based body, not sure on lineage of how it made it here or what it was pulled off) is still sitting inside the mold, so its a bit hard to get an accurate measurement. From the top edge of the mold to the inside edge of the window looked like about 110mm, hard to get an accurate measurement as there is a flange over the top of this. I would need a hand to lift the clip out of the mold to get it more accurate. Assuming its got say 3/4" of revile for the window to sit in, would make it about 90mm, which would be close to what Brian has.

Back