Rear Glass Window

Phil G

Supporter
I am exploring the options for replacing the rear tail section Plexiglas window for my RCR40 with a glass window. Seeing that RCR does not supply these I would have to use a window from one of the other Mfgs. I am looking to purchase one that is readily available asap. I realize it may not be a perfect fit and would need measurements to make sure its a close match.
Thanks
Phil

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Phil - I'm pretty sure that a Superformance window won't fit. And If the RCR Plexiglas window is curved, a custom auto glass shop would be unlikely to make it as a one-off piece. Have you checked with RCR to see if they know of a resource? I'm sure they've been asked the question several times in the past. Would be nice if they offered a glass option as an upgrade.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Phil - I'm pretty sure that a Superformance window won't fit. And If the RCR Plexiglas window is curved, a custom auto glass shop would be unlikely to make it as a one-off piece. Have you checked with RCR to see if they know of a resource? I'm sure they've been asked the question several times in the past. Would be nice if they offered a glass option as an upgrade.

The window Lexan I got from RCR for my Mk1 was flat. Once installed, however, it would assume the shape of the body.

Kyle

Supporter
I’m going to attempt to form my own rear and front windshield from lexan, we’ll see how that goes.

Back