Replicas of Grand Prix Cars - Pre war and 50s?

What about the Maserati 250F, you could use a 2.5L Mas BiTurbo as a donor, lop the turbos off and fit a supercharger, and use the rest of the running gear.

I must admit when I saw the Vanwall at Goodwood, it didnt do much for me, I think it may have been watered down too much for road use, but still impressive.

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford
[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling that the Denis Bedford D'arby will be a cool car [/quote)
Cool is the word Fran, any car without roof is cool, actually driving around Michigan this time of year would be more than cool(F###### Freezin would best describe the situation)I believe you are of English origin so you would probably love it,there is something about the English, their weather and open cars I dont quite understand, but I have done a lot of miles in a cobra in the pouring rain without the top up, not to bad while you are driving but really hard to look cool at the traffic lights, Question could an Englishman living in the States sell cars built by an Australian to those Yankee Doodles if the answer is yes then we should have a discussion....Denis

Discuss away...but dont put quotation marks around it.....I know you build cars better than you post....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford
OK Ron motor is ready better start on the car

Attachments

• 69755-Scan0038.jpg
    69755-Scan0038.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 315

Ron Earp

Admin
That, is one of the best things I've seen on the forum. Excellent!!! Can you provide some details or somewhere to see assembly? I take it these are two late model motors joined together?

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford
I cannot get any details, I did have an article on it at one time but I cannot find it I think it was in the newspaper THE AGE Melbourne Australia and the article was about the guy that was building the motors and I think he was in Bendigo Victoria which is a country town about 100miles from Melbourne maybe some of the Victorian forum members or visitors can help locate the clever fellow

Howard Jones

Supporter
F1 Gurney Eagle. Or my all time favorite car... Lotus 49. Both engines and gearbox could be had for enough money. I'll never have it.

Non F1 would be a M8F. Now wouldn't one of these be cool at you're local track day.

[ QUOTE ]
Dang, that thing look really good Fran. I am sure a V6 with webers could be found that would look the part. As I recall that little joker was a DOHC unit at 65 degrees. So.........have to thing of some suitable V6s. There was the SOHC unit in the GTV6 cars, but the DOHC needs to be had. Did Alfa mass produce some DOHC V6 plants that are obtainable? They have a modern one but that would not be cool.

R

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a 2.6lt quad cam V8 from an Alfa Montreal (late '70s as I recall)? The sound is symphonic!

Back