RF GT40 pricing....WHAT?

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Congratulations Carsten

I know that feeling of excitement and anticipation. I can honestly tell you that in my case, as the car sits on my garage floor taking shape (too slowly!), the anticipation and excitement continues to grow exponentially!

Well done!

Bill

I agree with a lot of the above, I think its a brave move to reduce the price of your product significantly, as in business you are effectively reducing the value of your brand, if only slightly.
Different if you had a parking lot full of stock to shift but with a waiting list...
Its unusual to find the cost savings in production past onto the consumer normally a company uses this to build in a bit of resiliance or start new projects etc.
But reading the above I am in know doubt it will effect resale prices, plus other kit builders will now have to look at re adjusting prices to remain competitive. So good news for all prospective buyers.

Despite most people not wanting to do there Banana's on a car purchase/build, I still reckon there a few classic sports cars you can buy get some fun out of and sell for similar money (911). Building something like a GT40s is hard to view in the same light as building costs are hard to quantify. It only gets tricky if you have told the Missus "Dont worry it will be an investment"

I also hope and dont think we will have the same avalanche of GT40's as we have with Cobras in the UK, there seems to be jellymold Cobra's for sale here all the time, all getting cheaper and cheaper. Years ago you looked in awe as a Cobra roared past now you wonder which kit it is, and arent those wheels a bit funny. I think its lost some of its Iconic status.

Joe. Yes you can find plenty of other fun cars out there, but I can assure you there is nothing like sitting low down with a V8 inches from your head throwing you down the road. Yes I might buy Porsche number seven. but it will take more than a good salesman to get me out of my 40. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gifRegards

Back