RF rear rims

Hi all

Are there any Roaring Forties model cars out there with rear wheel rims that are wider than 9.5 inches, that don't have Gulf flares ? I'm about to take delivery of a kit from rf and was hoping to be able to go wider than 9.5 on the back. Any thoughts?

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Fred
My car has 275's on a 9.5in rim (17in diam). The earlier stock RF's came out with 255's on the back on 15 or 16in diam rims.
How wide do you want your tyres?

Hi Bill

Love your car bill. I really have my mind set on running 315x35x17 what ever it takes! I would like to buy BRM style rims but it would seem that this is not as simple as it should be with an RF.

Hey Fred,
I'm running 315's on the back of mine. It's a MKII and I'm not sure if the rear is any wider, but the 315's fitted no probs. I'm also running 18" rims as the tyre choice is the best I found. I also have a set of 295's with a slightly higher profile and I prefer the look of the 295's as they fill the guard better.
Hope that helps

Bob

The Iain Pretty race car runs 12" wide under a std rear clip, but with a significant positive offset and heavily modified suspension.

Wanna run wide 17" tyres, go for the Kumho V70A. They are an R spec tyre available in soft, medium and hard compounds, and are available in 335/35R17 !

Get the flares. I am.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
As Bobski says, whilst low profile tyres are cool, I think the higher the profile the better they look on the GT40.
A quick call to RF should let you know what you can and can't do. They have computer modelled the entire car and will be able to tell you if anything needs modfying.

Cheers

Thanks guys

These things are subtle. Its not the low profile I'm interested in its the width I'm looking for and the way it sits on the rim. Bobski is running 18's and I dint want to go that big. Ill stay close to RF but I'm at least as interested in what others are doing if not more so. I wont go on about much longer, but it seems it will take some fixing.

Back