RF40 QUAD CAM For Sale

Interesting. Know if that is the 4.6L engine used in the new mustangs or some sort of custom job?

John

Ron Earp

Admin
That is a pretty good price, around $53,000. Figure $4000 to get it here and it seems worthwhile. I think I saw pictures of this way back around 1.5 years ago when they were fitting that motor up. Looks like a full cat system etc. to comply with regs, in the US we could ditch all of that and get a proper exhaust on it.

This is the sort of thing that makes you wonder sometimes why build one. Last month a CAV was sold for right around $55k, this one at $53, you can't build them for that kind of cash. On the other hand, the building is fun (most times) and it is a hobby, but the fact is it is hard to build a car for what you can buy one for used.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
I know the car. The engine is a Lexus V8 and it is connected to a Subaru gearbox. She is registered on "CH" plates (club plates) but I see no reason why it could not be registered fully with some work.

Best wishes,

Robert

ps. we are doing a FORD Quad Cam engined car for sale in Australia (ADR requirements) and elsewhere.

Malcolm

Supporter
When GTD launched the R42 some years back they had developmental 4.6 quad cam engines planned for it with a tie up to Ford. Would the Ford 4.6 be the same as the Lexus engine? I guess not.

Malcolm

Back