Ricardo tranny and starter

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
Does anybody have a picture of the starter used with the Ricardo? Thanks

Pete

Does anybody have a picture of the starter used with the Ricardo? Thanks

Pete

If you are thinking you will find one at a discount auto store I think you would be wrong. The only source for the starter is FORD part # 4G7Z11002AA it is also motorcraft SA-918 the starter is made by Denso for motorcraft and sold by ford. I was quoted ( are you sitting down ) $ 809.00 by the local ford dealer. the price $ 593.15 form Silverstate ford parts .com they are part of the trademotion but beware that all the delears that sell their parts on this site do not all give the same discount. silverstate has been great to deal with . the guy to talk to is
mike la joy
Silver State Ford Parts Genuine Ford Truck Parts Lincoln Mercury Parts OEM Ford Parts and Accessories
the starter is very small in size compared to most ford starters and only used on the GT. the clutch is also special and has the ring gear on the clutch housing. you can use the ford stock clutch # 4G7Z7B546BB or the high performance one from Stillen.com
STILLEN : STILLEN Ford GT Performance Clutch by AP Racing
both are made by AP Racing. the stillen unit at $1878.00 is a better unit and is only $ 100 more then the stock one at $ 1793.00
the flywheel is #4G7Z6375AA and has the same bolt pattern as the the 8 bolt ford cranks found on the modular motors

Attachments

• DSCF2015.jpg
    DSCF2015.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 382
  • DSCF2017.jpg
    DSCF2017.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 374
  • DSCF2023.jpg
    DSCF2023.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCF2021.jpg
    DSCF2021.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 419

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Lynn,

That's exactly what I was thinking. I figured I'd give it the old college try before plunking down the cash. Thanks for the great pictures. I have the flywheel and the clutch unit. When you look up the starter online it's amazing how many places say they have only to find out they don't. Then they try to give you an alternate part number as if it would work. Do you have a build site? or pictures?

Pete

Thanks Lynn,

That's exactly what I was thinking. I figured I'd give it the old college try before plunking down the cash. Thanks for the great pictures. I have the flywheel and the clutch unit. When you look up the starter online it's amazing how many places say they have only to find out they don't. Then they try to give you an alternate part number as if it would work. Do you have a build site? or pictures?

Pete

I tried the same thing, every one had one until you go to buy. talked to several rebuilders that can rebuild one but could not even come up with a core. found a few people that say they have a wreaked GT but none wants to return my emails or calls. don't have a site yet. just started collecting parts . I have the Ricardo trans, 2003 4.6 mustang cobra GT motor and the corvette suspension parts. I do take pictures of every part which I hope to put on a site soon.

Back