Roaring Forties #103

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Body is on!!!!!!! Glass and alignment next week.

Attachments

• P1010085.JPG
    P1010085.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 795
  • P1010086.JPG
    P1010086.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 812
  • P1010088.JPG
    P1010088.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 803
  • P1010087.JPG
    P1010087.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 812

Ron Earp

Admin
Really nice, very pretty!! Sounds like you should be ready for registration soon?? I like your exhaust setup there with the twin silencers, how does it sound?

R

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Hi Ron, The sound isn't like a typical V8 with headers, the crossover system sounds WICKED!!!
I hope the registration will go quickly since the DMV inspectors are in my store frequently checking title work etc. Have a great Fathers Day!

G’day Jim.
This is an outstanding RF you’ve created. I’m looking forward to seeing pics of it on the road when she’s all done.

Cheers,
Danny

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Hello Simon, It's the late Porsche Guards Red. All the glass is finally installed and I've driven 300 miles in the last week.

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Finished (never) pic! Well sorted and 3k thrilling miles!

Attachments

• P1010105.jpg
    P1010105.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 550
  • P1010106.jpg
    P1010106.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 534
  • P1010110.jpg
    P1010110.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 588
Wow, very very very clean. nice job. I'm glad you switched out that edel air flow cleaner. I think it looks perfect without the stripes.

I might've missed it but any details on ordering and delivery options?

Jim,
Should have mine soon; if lucky. What problems might I expect with the inspection and titling? I only have three bills that cover everything.
Bank will have lean on Car.
How is it titled as a Custom 2007. This is how we titled and registered my BRX as a '99 Custom auto.
Car looks absolutely stunning.
Mort

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Hi Mort, That is still the case, however I hear this spring new laws will change the description. I understand if a replica, it will be described as the car it's replicating. If I understand correctly, it will be a "1965 GT40 replica". Can't wait to see your car!!!

Jim,
Will we be able to change the titles to that description in the spring or once titled as custom is that it?
I can send you pictures on reg email if I have yours.
I am not to computre literate but know how to do it that way.
Mort
[email protected]

Ron Earp

Admin
Jim, that is an awesome car!! I wish I had had time to get out there and look at it at VIR. I'm sorry that I did not make it out of the paddock area. I'm glad to hear you driving it about, I do hope to see it sometime.

I am curious about one thing - what is the titling process for NC? Lynn Larsen explained it briefly to me 3-4 years ago but I've forgotten the details. If you know of them and would be so kind shoot me an email, or better yet, do a NC thread in the registration area for other folks to share the knowledge.

Do you have any track excursions planned for it? I bet it'll do very well on track.

Best,
Ron

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Thanks Guys,
Hi Bill D, It's stainless - difficult to work (like working with razor blades) - stick with aluminum!!
Hi Ron, I haven't quite finished the registration process, I will post the process for NC after the law changes this spring.

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks Guys,

Hi Ron, I haven't quite finished the registration process, I will post the process for NC after the law changes this spring.

So is something in the works for kit cars in NC? I think I remember a bunch of stuff about bonded titles and so forth.

Ron

Back